𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟯𝟬: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

I lowered my head as I thought about it. "It's okay. I-I'm okay. I got over it eventually," I mumbled in response.

| khloe |

"Okay, can you all stop talking?! I'm trying to think!" Skylar yelled over the multiple voices in the room and I stood in silence.

We've been down here for over an hour and nobody really knows what they're doing.

"I'm going upstairs to check comms for any messages," I said to Lucas and he nodded as everyone else continued yelling.

I swiftly jogged up the stairs and stopped at the top of the staircase once I received a signal. There was one message and I played it aloud.

'Hey, it's me.'

Ricky.

'We've been walking around for a while now and there's nothing. A few cars are filled with people. Probably leaving town for good. But anyways, nothing much-'

The signal cut and I stared at the watch in confusion. "What the hell-" I muttered to myself as I hit it a few times. "What's up?" A voice said and I turned around and saw Lucas casually relaxing against the stairwell wall.

"I don't know- wait, how long have you been standing there?" I asked as I gave him a confused look.

"Long enough."

"Well he said everything's cool, so I guess everything's cool,"

| harley |

"This is so not fun!" Natalie yelled allowed as I created a purple shield to block the fireball that was hurdled at me. "No shit," Ricky replied as I threw a few combo moves and knocked the hunter off its feet.

They appeared over an hour ago. We didn't last five minutes when we came out of the school.

I stumbled backwards slightly as I lost my footing. Two more hunters advanced towards me and I struggled to fight against them. "Hello?!" I yelled out but more of the hunters kept appearing from thin air.

"You will all die, if we don't get what we want," One said in front of me as his eyes turned black. His body lit on fire and he traced his hand on my cheek. I smelt the burning flesh and I wanted to vomit.

I strained against the multiple arms that were holding me down. He gleamed and his body suddenly turned to ice. The hands that were on me disappeared and the frozen hunter's body broke into shard pieces.

Chase stood in front of me and the cloudy grey in his eyes diminished. My hand immediately flew up to my face and it felt mushy. I winced as the cold air entered the wound.

"You're hurt."

"I'm fine."

I brushed past him and shook off the numbing pain on my face as the rest of the Hunters disappeared into the ground. "Isn't it weird how they do that?" Jennifer pointed out. "Yeah, they multiply and grow," Ricky added and I stilled.

"They multiply..." I mumbled. "I might call you Scarface now," Alex smirked as his finger waggled over my face and I tuned him out. "What are you thinking?" Nat asked me.

"They multiply...like fire." I repeated. "So to get rid of them, we hose them down?" Jennifer interrupted and I shook my head. "No, it's not a natural fire, it doesn't work like that," I responded.

"We can't stop them." I realised and everyone gave me a look of disbelief. "It's like the fire that Kat caused. We couldn't stop it. We had to stop the source," I explained.