𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟵: 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Why?"

"Because then I'll have to forgive him. I don't know if I want the stress that comes with dating an Original."

"This is where we come in," Cynthia announced and they all approached us. There was an awkward silence and Athena's face hardened as she waited for them to say something.

"We came to apologise for what we said," Jennifer said. "And for trying to get involved in your relationship," Skylar added.

"We don't actually believe Trey would cheat on you with Nat. Have you seen those two?" Cynthia questioned as she pointed behind her, and coincidentally, Trey was trying to talk to Natalie and she was shooting back snarky remarks.

"So why would you say that?" Athena asked. "Because Trey is our little brother. He's never had a crush on a girl that wasn't one of us. We were just teasing, honestly," Jennifer assured and Athena blew out a raspberry.

"What do I do now?" She asked as she looked at me. "The Fire Hunters aren't back yet, so that can wait. Go and sort out your relationship," Cynthia suggested and Athena was in deep thought for a while.

"Well we're gonna go now," Skylar said awkwardly and I nodded and looked at Athena. She snapped out of her daze.

"You good?" I asked her and she nodded. I smiled and watched as she awkwardly approached the dispute between Trey and Natalie.

| athena |

I awkwardly led him to the far part of the boiler room, away from everyone else. There was an unusual, deserted bench in the corner. "That's weird," I muttered to myself as I sat down. He sat closer and his arm rested past my shoulder as I attempted to create a distance and failed miserably.

"So..."

"So..."

I fiddled with my fingers as I felt his intense gaze on me. "Stop looking at me," I whispered. "But I like looking at you," He said and I looked up and finally met his eyes. "Please let me explain," He said and I leaned back and rested my head on his arm and let him speak.

He was silent for a while and I sighed as I took a moment to enjoy the silence. There was distant laughter coming from our friends but it felt like it was just us.

"What's wrong?" I said as I lifted my head slightly to look at him. "You. You're what's wrong with me," He sighed and my eyebrows furrowed as I gave him a confused look.

"Me? What did I do?" I asked I looked at him and he stared back before turning his head away. "What's up with you?" I asked as I tried not to smile at his conflicted expression.

"I'm in love with you."

"What?"

"I," He said softly as he took my hands in his. "am in love with you." He repeated. I searched his eyes for a sign, anything. "You've said that you love me before," I said slowly.

"I have," He replied as I tried to piece together why I'm in so much shock. "So why does it feel different this time?" I asked.

"Because I lost you,"

"Every part of me is aching for you. I wanna be able to drive you places, to hold you in my arms. I want my girlfriend back, I also want my best friend,"

I smiled sadly. I don't wanna give into his bullshit, but it's so damn hard.

"Natalie is still very much in love with me." I slowly moved my hands out of his grasp and ran my hands through my hair. I leaned away and he gave me a minute to piece together my thoughts.