𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟴: 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿

Start from the beginning

"I swear we've been walking in circles," Cynthia groaned and I paused as I felt the wristwatch buzz. "You seriously still kept that on?" Jenn asked as I lifted it up.

"Hello?"

The others immediately joined my side. "Hello? Am I talking to myself?" Athena repeated in a bored tone and I pressed the communicator and spoke into it, "No. You're not."

"What a great way to respond to your ex," Cynthia drawled. "I can make a move right?" Lucas asked and I glared at him.

"If you were gonna talk about me, you could've at least turned off the communicator,"

Her voice rang out loud and silence fell upon us as Natalie stifled a laugh.

"Where's Skylar?" She asked cutting straight to the point. "Away from the Fire Hunters," I replied. "You know, you could at least pretend like you don't look like a bunch of lost travellers," Her snarky remark sounded a little too close and I could feel her presence.

I turned around and she lowered her wrist from her face as she walked towards us. "If you've come to blame us for everything that went wrong, then you can shove it up your-" Cynthia began as she pointed to Athena.

She slowed her regular-paced walking to a stop and raised her eyebrow as she crossed her arms. "I'm not here to blame you." She said in a monotonous tone. She almost seemed bored.

"Oh,"

"Honestly, I'm not even here by choice."

"Then why are you here?" Natalie asked and Athena didn't even take in her presence. "I'm gonna be straight with you because we're all adults here, well you guys are like corpses so I guess that doesn't count," Athena mumbled to herself.

She lowered her head slightly as she played with her fingers and I could see the slight smile on her face. It was a sly smile, like the one she would use to manipulate me into staying the night with her. But her expression was cold like the way one would greet their sworn enemy.

Natalie stepped forward and Lucas grabbed her. "Let her have this one," He mumbled into her ear.

"The sooner we sort out this problem, the sooner you all leave. I can speak for my entire team when I say that you all overstepped your boundaries one too many times," She said coldly as her eyes flitted between each one of us but they shot past me. She's still hurting.

"It doesn't work like that. We can't pack up and go wherever we want," Jennifer interjected.

"Well, you should give it a try. I haven't been yet but the Bahamas are great around this time of year," Athena shot back with a tight smile. "Let me guess, cause you got money to go that far every year?" Nat smirked and Athena's face hardened as her eyes draped over Lucas' restraining arm, holding Natalie in her place.

"Yes Anasztázia," Athena challenged and Natalie shook her head and moved to fight out of Lucas' arms, who gripped her tighter. "Because I have money. I am rich. Anything else you wanna point out?" Athena asked and Natalie didn't respond.

"The Restorer brought us here for a reason-"

"And when did I say I give a shit about this rock that you worship?" She asked as she finally looked at me for the first time. I could see the slight pain in her eyes, but it was only there for a flash. It was replaced by a cold exterior.

"There's no point in arguing about this. I'm assuming we're meeting the rest of your team?" Lucas asked and her eyes softened slightly as she looked at him and nodded.

My eyes flicked between them. Sure, he teased about wanting to have sex with her, but I knew Lucas cared for Athena in a protective, brotherly way. She once told me that the only person she truly felt safe with, other than me, was him. Despite her streamlined rage towards me, she could never truly be mad at Lucas.