𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟮𝟲: 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗲

Start from the beginning

"Yes I can, and I will if I have to," I said as I turned to look at Katalina and Alex appeared next to her. "I'm sorry," She apologised and Alex swiftly lifted her up and teleported away with her.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath as I clenched and unclenches my fists. I took a deep breath and spun around before walking back towards him. "Did you find anything?" I asked as my hair swished past my shoulder and I looked at him.

"Yeah, I think the townspeople is hiding in basements-"

"Good then free them and lead them to Woodcreek."

"Athena-"

"We have a duty, Trey. As Inhumans, it's our duty to defend the innocent. As an Original, it's your job to make sure that we do our job. So let me do my job," I asked and he was slowly but evidently losing his patience.

"The next time I bring this up, you are not allowed to walk away from me. Or I'm done."

What?

"What did you just say?" I asked in a breathless tone.

"You heard what I said"

"You know what maybe it's for the best!" I yelled as I marched towards him. "I didn't do anything to you! Why won't you trust in my love for you?!" He yelled back and I blinked multiple times.

I know he didn't just yell at me...

"I can't tell if you're lying to me-"

"Why would you think I'm lying?!"

"Because your own friends think you cheated on me!" I yelled and that shut him up.

"Yeah, they don't believe that you and Natalie went off into that third-world dimension and came back without fucking in the middle of the desert or at least kissing each other," I said angrily.

"And you believe them?!" He scoffed and I dramatically rolled my eyes. "The people you've spent over 700 years with don't seem to believe that you could ever let go of her and settle for a future with me. How the fuck do you expect me to?!" I asked.

"You guys might wanna keep your voices down. We can hear you on the other side of town," Nat said into the wristwatch and the brimming rage reached 1000 as I heard her voice.

"You narcissistic, obsessive, whiny little bitch!" I said into the wristwatch.

"Oh damn-"

"Athena what the hell?"

"Wait who's she talking to?"

"What the fuck did you just call me?" Nat said calmly but in a dangerous tone.

"I've put up with your bullshit for so long because you were nothing but the jealous ex. And I could live with another bitch hating me for no reason. Join the fucking queue," I said into the watch and Trey tried to stop me but I held up my hand and he didn't move.

"You know nothing about me and you think I act the way I do because of you??" She asked and I turned my back on Trey.

"It's so obvious that you were threatened by me before I even knew who you were. And you should be. I'm Athena Hart," I said as I shrugged to myself.

"Is that supposed to mean something to me?" She asked and I looked up and she stood a few metres away with her arms folded.

"It should. Just because I'm not the same as I was two years ago doesn't I can't go back," I threatened.