𝗦𝟯, 𝗘𝗽𝟴: 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝗱𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗻...

Start from the beginning

| athena |

I woke up alone in my bed as I looked around. Images of last night replayed in my head and I ran my hands through my hair as I recalled falling asleep in the middle of the movie. I got up and got ready to go to training.

I know I have school today, but I slept through half the day so what was the point in going?

I got dressed and went downstairs to have breakfast before leaving the house. The drive was short but my car almost felt empty without him. I pushed the thought out of my mind as I parked into my space and gathered my things to head inside. We have id cards that let us in the facility, for security purposes.

I walked towards the changing rooms as I put my gym bag in my locker and grabbed my gloves so I could practice. We have a general gym but also a designated one for us, that's more private. Sometimes there are scientists that watch us train to monitor our behaviours, track our progress, level of strength, etcetera.

I spent the next two hours doing cardio and I took a break before practising my combat skills. I took a moment to relax and my eyes glanced up at the spectator's booth. I saw Trey standing there but there were at least 6 people standing with him.

He gave me a small wave and I waved back before focusing on my training.

| trey |

"Why are we here?" Skylar groaned as she and Alex got out of their car. They joined our circle as we stood outside the training facility.

"Are we finally gonna meet them?" Cynthia asked with excitement and I shook my head. "You can't meet them yet," I reminded her and she frowned.

"Who named you leader again?" Jennifer asked and I ignored her as I walked towards the back door. I opened it and gestured for them to walk through and everyone entered.

I guided them past the various training facilities and even some of the labs. "Well if this doesn't scream dungeon..." Lucas muttered as he looked around.

"So I'm gonna assume that one of them is here, otherwise you wouldn't drag us here," Natalie commented. "There's one person that is always here, so you can see her," I muttered as I opened the doors to the spectators' booth.

As expected, Athena was in the gym, training.

She was practising combat as she performed a series of flips and tricks and landed in a squat position, with her legs slightly bent.

When training, we have her use the tennis ball shooters to help her practice control and she had two machines on either side of the gym walls.

She spun around and kicked a ball that flew towards her and turned around before doing an ariel. Two balls flew on either side of her legs as she landed and used her hands to guide them away from her.

"Wow, the girl's got talent," Jennifer commented and I looked to my left. Natalie had her arms crossed as she watched her intensely.

Eventually, the machines ran out of balls and stopped. She relaxed before she slowly raised her hands upwards. The balls glowed green and they levitated and she spread her hands apart. They separated and neatly flew into the machines.

"So who's this one? Harley or Khloe?" Cynthia asked as she pointed to her.

"That is Athena Hart," I said as I shoved my hands in my pockets. I gotta admit, I'm glad she's talented.

It gives me a reason to show her off.

"That's Athena?" Jennifer asked as she pointed to her and I nodded. "But I thought she was the rich one?" Alex commented. "The rich one with the highest skillset in her team," I stated as she turned around and looked up at us.

Her eyebrows furrowed and she made that cute face she does when she's confused. Her eyes locked onto mine and her eyes softened as I waved at her. She smiled and waved back before returning back to her training.

"So when do we go and meet her?" Lucas asked and he was blatantly eyeing her figure despite the hoodie she had on and her gym shorts.

"You can't," I said a little too sharply and silence fell among the group. "Ohhh, I get it. She's your girl, right bro?" Lucas teased and I rolled my eyes.

"The rest of the team are going to be here for briefing so you guys gotta go," I mumbled as I headed towards the doors. "Well that was a fun field trip," Natalie said sarcastically as she walked past me and through the doors.

"You know how Nat is. Give her another 15 years and maybe she might get over it," Skylar assured me and I scoffed.

"I really don't care whether she chooses to get over it or not," I answered as I walked through the doors.

| katalina |

I rolled over in my stomach as the pain grew worse. Lately, it's been harder to sleep, to eat, even to use my powers. I can still manipulate and create fire but I don't have as much control as I used to.

Richard put me on bed rest and I'm basically not allowed to leave the house.

"Hey," Athena said quietly as she walked into my room after knocking and I rested my face in my pillow. "Now is not a good time," I groaned into my pillow as I felt myself shaking.

"Kat, what the hell?" Athena said loudly as I finally stopped shaking. I lifted my head off my pillow and Athena was gripping onto the wall. Most of the things that were piled on my desk were now on the floor.

"I just shake sometimes, nothing major," I defended and her eyes widened. "Nothing major? You just shook your entire room," She pointed out and I stared at her with a confused look.

"N-No it was just internal," I stuttered and she joined me on the bed. "How are you doing that?" She mumbled and I couldn't form words. "I-I don't know," I whispered as I gripped my head with both hands. She quickly used her hand to shut my curtains so the morning light could stop streaming through.

I let out a strangled yell as I felt myself shaking again and I opened my eyes and widened as the room vibrated. Athena let out a scream as she fell off my bed and the shaking stopped.

She lifted her head as her hair flew in different angles. The room door burst open and Khloe and Harley stumbled into the room.

"What the hell just happened?" Khloe proclaimed as she fixed her hair and Harley shut the door behind her. "That was weird. You guys felt that earthquake too right?" She questioned and I hugged my knees to my chest. Athena looked at me before looking back at them.

The power inside me is getting more and more unstable as the hours go by and I don't know what to do or how to fix it. A sharp pain shot through my head and I clutched it again. Athena quickly gripped onto my bed frame as I felt myself shaking again.

The whole house rumbled and clattering and smashing from the kitchen echoed the house. I let out a whimper as I finally stopped and Khloe and Harley stared at me.

"It's you," Harley said slowly as it dawned on her. "Okay, we need to get you out of here," Khloe suggested and Athena nodded.

"They're getting worse and soon she'll be shaking the entire city," Athena added as they helped me out of bed. I had nothing but a hoodie that was about four sizes too big for me.

They helped me down the stairs and I stopped as I felt myself shaking. They all clutched onto the railings as the shaking grew worse. You could hear the screams coming from people down the street.

"I-It's getting worse," I panted as I quickly rushed down the stairs. "Hey, whatever you need, we'll help," Harley suggested as they all came near me but I shook my head and they took a few steps back.

I let out a violent scream as I felt my entire core shaking. Every part of my body was on fire and I couldn't control it or stop it. This feeling lasted longer than the others.

Almost two whole minutes.

The chandelier hanging over the couch fell and the lights flickered as light fixtures blew up and sparks flew across the ceiling.

"Please make it stop," I whispered repeatedly.