→ chapter eighty four

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Chaerin was at a loss for words when she arrived in front of the astronomy tower, the sight in front of her chilling her bones. She was frozen on the spot, her feet glued to the floor and no matter how much she persisted to move them, the barrier between her feet and the floor would not break.

The nerves in her body paused, halting all movements and for a moment it felt like the breath had been taken out of her. Her soft plump lips parted in shock, tears welling in her eyes but unable to fall as she stared at the body of Albus Dumbledore.

Chaerin rushed through the crowd of people, in hopes to find an answer as to what happened but she was met with nothing but an excruciating silence.

She had seen this coming. She knew there was no way to prevent this. Now the deed was done, there was no way to go back.

If it weren't for the awkward position of Dumbledore's limbs, many would have thought he was simply taking a nap. But there was no mistaking the fact that his chest was not falling nor rising, there was no pulse.

Chae cried silently as Hagrid tried to move Harry from Dumbledore, but Harry would not budge and as the scene continued to unfold the tears began to fall down faster and faster.

The brunette turned to face her grandmother, who she knew had now suffered a great loss. After all, Chae had grown up around Hogwarts and knew how close McGonagall and Dumbledore were; like two peas in a pod.

Without an exchange of words, Chae wrapped her arms around the woman's waist, holding her tightly. The two of them cried together until it was finally time to walk away.

When Chae reached the hospital wing, she couldn't comprehend her emotions. The people in the room felt like a blur to her, her mind felt like a great big fog whilst she began to realise that seeing the future was perhaps not a gift she wanted anymore.

If there was an upcoming war, how many more deaths would Chae have to see? How many more secrets would she have to keep?

Chaerin Chang would have to sit and watch as the people around her were plucked out of existence. It was a cruel game really.

No matter the outcome of the game, the winner would take everything and she would be left standing in the remains of emptiness and ashes.

"Are you okay love?" Fred asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"I'm okay."

Fred nodded his head, choosing to ignore the lie his girlfriend had told him, opting for a silent comfort option. He was afraid that if he were to speak the girl would only crumble more.