Ch.68 ↬ "Do you believe in the devil?"

Start from the beginning

Hayley got up and went in front of Mia in a second, "what makes you think it'll be so easy?"

"Us being ancient vampires."

Damon pinned Hayley against the wall across the room. His forearm was against her throat, slowly choking her unconscious to give Kara the opportunity to finish Mia.

Her survival instincts kicked in instantly, Mia fought off Kara as hard as she could until she missed a few punches, and Kara found the opportunity to punch through Mia's chest. Her hand grabbed tightly onto Mia's heart.

"We can find a way for you to come back," Kara whispered into Mia's ear, "it's not gonna hurt, okay?"

Klaus rushed into the dorm room, snapping Kara's neck and throwing Damon onto the ground. Mia gasped for air when Kara's hand was released from her grasp. She quickly ran to check on Hayley, who was more shocked at watching Mia almost die.

"I see the town whore has picked another city to jump around in," Klaus broke a chair and drove a wooden stake near Damon's heart, "you better give a good explanation or you die."

"You okay?" Mia gently placed her hand on Hayley's slight bruising on her neck.

"I'm fine," she coughed, "but what about you?"

Damon groaned in pain, "Kara's immortal, she's linked to you– remember? We need one of the doppelgängers to die or else they'll kill Stefan, Elena AND Mia together."

"If it's a question between choosing Mia and Kara, the choice is clear," Klaus pierced Damon's heart, "no one chooses Kara Radford. Never in a thousand years."

"No other witch knows how to unlink it! She's dead!" Damon yelled, but it made the wound worse, "unless you're driving that white oak stake to your own heart– Mia needs to die."

"You see.. This is where I tell you you're wrong. There are plenty of other ways we can look for," Klaus smiled sarcastically, "nature loves her loopholes. Did you ever think of that, Damon?"

"We have... today," he managed to say and his head hit the floor beneath him, "only today."

"Okay. Let him go, killing him won't help you either," Mia said.

"No, but it'll still be satisfying," Klaus pulled the stake out and threw it on the ground, "but you're right.. What do these passengers want exactly?"

Damon sat himself up and leaned against a desk for support, "they're going to use original doppelgänger blood to channel magic and break a spell that cursed them. It prevents them from using "real" magic. Whatever that is."

"So let's go to Mystic Falls and kill them all."

Damon shook his head, "it bugs me to admit it, but they own the town. There's only a small group of them here but they've told us many more are waiting behind the shadows once their curse is broken. You've been out the state for quite awhile– you should see how powerful they are."

"You should see how powerful I am," Klaus reminded him and grinned, "I've got a quarter of witches unwilling to do anything for me unless provoked. Maybe you should think out your options more, Damon. It could save your life."

"When your brother's life is on the line, you can't really think straight, can you?" Damon raised his eyebrows and placed his hand on his chest, "didn't have to stab me– dick."

"How long is it gonna take for you and the witches to come up with a plan?" Mia asked, "because if we only have a few hours then I don't–"

"Ughh," Kara woke up unexpectedly quickly, "it's been so long since I've had my neck snapped, I forgot how sore it gets."