𝗦𝟮, 𝗘𝗽𝟭: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆

Start from the beginning

At this point, I don't know if I should be blaming him for this.

Come on, he literally only has one ability, and he couldn't use it to tell us this was going to happen?

"What happened last night isn't what I saw," He said softly and I shook my head as I laid back and rested my head on my pillow. I wiped my eyes as I stared up at the ceiling.

"If it wasn't him then it would've been you," He said and I didn't know how to respond, so the room stayed silent.

"You was going to die being crashed from that boulder," He repeated and I kept staring at the ceiling as I remember almost being hit by that boulder. "You would've died and then she was going to glitch away. We wouldn't have killed her that night and we all got out in time, but nevertheless, you would've died," He repeated as I stared at the ceiling.

What do you even say to that?

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore," I muttered as I got up and headed into the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and didn't look at myself in the mirror as I got my toothbrush. I turned on the tap and let the water run as I grabbed my toothbrush, but paused as I heard my room door shut.

| athena |

I grunted as I tried to push the bookcase to the side but stopped as I rolled my eyes. I swished my hand and it glided open with ease as I stepped into the room. My demeanor diminished as I saw Luna sitting in the bay window, looking outside.

"Hey," I said softly as she turned to look at me and gave me a small smile before facing the window again. "How was your night?" I asked as I slowly approached her.

"I didn't want to wake up," She muttered but her voice was basically gone as I sat down next to her. I looked at her as I waited for her to continue.

We ended up sitting in silence for like ten minutes before she finally spoke.

"I wanna be mad at him for staying back."

I looked at her as she continued staring out the window. Her eyes were bloodshot and her face was patchy from the crying. Her hair was disheveled as she was sitting cross-legged in an old Woodcreek Academy basketball sweater.

That's definitely not hers.

"I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like he chose, you know, her, over me." She said as she gestured to her own heart with both hands and my heart clenched. Despite never admitting it, I know how much she cared for him.

I mean, she took blows from Khloe because of it.

"I mean, we didn't have to end it all last night. We could've fought her again another night, you know," She rambled and paused to take a deep breath.

"When we weren't in an unstable building," She muttered as she looked outside. "He stayed, to make sure that no one else got hurt, especially you," I said softly and she looked at me momentarily before looking back at the window.

Honestly, I have no idea why he offered to stay. But she can't sit at this window until she dies.

"And no one even knows he's gone," She chuckled emotionlessly and I looked at my hands. "The others and I are gonna go to school tomorrow, so no one starts asking questions," I began and I could tell she wasn't on board with the idea.

"You don't have to come, but you could at least go to the police station and provide a statement," I said but stopped as she looked at me.

"Just let them know that he's...passed, so his family can find out. And then you can come back here and stay here for however long you need to," I finished and she sighed.

I turned around once more and she was looking outside again. I left her to her thoughts as I headed into the tunnel and shut the bookcase behind me.

I went to Mission Control and paused momentarily as I looked at his pad. It glowed a vibrant blue before turning back to its original state. "How is everyone?" Thissa asked as I picked up my tablet on the side desk.

"It's gonna be hard," I mumbled as I looked over footage from last night. Videos were going viral, and we were pretty much center-stage in all of them. I scrolled aimlessly through the comments.

"Who are they?"

"Did someone die?????"

"They look like superheroes LMAO"

"Who wants to bet that they have powers?"

"Is that Athena Hart?!?"

I paused as I read the last one.

5K likes and thousands of responses.

My finger hovered over the replies but I clicked my tablet shut instead.