𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟭𝟮: 𝗶'𝗱 𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗯𝗿𝗮 𝗼𝗻

Start from the beginning

"Hmm, okay," I teased as I got up and opened the door. "We better go though, don't wanna be left behind," She said and I nodded as we both left the room and headed down to where everyone else was.

The walk back into town didn't take long, and we all walked in like little groups of twos and threes. When we approached the forest everyone stopped. "What the hell happened here?" Harley asked. I was at the back so I moved to the front and started laughing to myself.

"Oh ignore this, this was all me," I shrugged and kept walking but no one followed. "Luna, you burned down over a dozen trees," Khloe said as she gestured to the large open space around us. I looked around and the damage I did dawned on me.

"Ooo it looks so much worse now," I cringed as I scanned the area. "What was you thinking?" Ricky asked. "Oh, this was um Chase," I said as I pointed to a few trees. "Aaand the rest was Carter," I said as I gestured to the rest of the trees.

"I didn't know you hated me that much," Carter teased. "Well I mean, you did banish me," I shrugged. "W-Wait hold on, he sent you away?" Khloe asked seriously and I paused.

Awkward silence fell amongst the group.

"Well I mean yeah, something about protecting you guys, but it's not a big deal," I shrugged it off, but everyone else looked uncomfortable. "S-So wait, where'd you sleep last night? Like, outside? Alone?" Khloe asked as she approached me and I panicked slightly.

"Yeah, um I made a fire and everything. It was no big deal really," I laughed awkwardly but then I paused and my face hardened. "He told you I left willingly?" I questioned in shock and nobody answered. I turned to look at Carter and Khloe followed suit. She shook her head in disbelief and scoffed as she kept walking. Everyone else followed her through the woods and Carter glared at me.

"You had to go and tell her?" He asked and I glared at him. "Listen lightning boy," I said as I pointed towards him. "Stop fucking it up with Khloe and blaming everyone around you. I'm not the one who lied to her, and it seems like it wasn't just her. You made me out to be a villain," I finished and he leaned forward.

"You make yourself look like a villain."

| khloe |

The rest of the walk back into town was awkward to say the least.

When we reached the Valley, the police cars were gone and all that was left was Athena's jeep, Ricky's pick-up truck, and Carter's range rover. "Well, this is where we all met, huh." Luna said as we walked together through the crater. "And you said you didn't even know who I was," I teased and she hung her mouth open. "No I did not," She argued and I nodded my head. "Yeahh, you did," I said back.

"I heard you say that," Harley said as she held her hand up and Athena nodded as she agreed. "Luna, you did say that," Ricky added and she stopped. "You really shouldn't listen to what I say when I don't know you," She said to me and I laughed. "Noted," I sighed as we walked up the hill and towards our cars.

"I'm gonna go with Carter," Harley said as she said goodbye to all of us and moved to talk to Chase. "Luna, you're with me right?" Ricky asked and she nodded. "Yeah, I am." She responded and he gave me a long hug. "Give him a chance," She whispered before heading towards Ricky's truck.

I frowned in confusion as I thought about what she said. They said their goodbyes and drove off. "Chase is coming with us," Harley said to Carter and they both got in the car.

Carter stared at me, while I tried to look everywhere but at him. "I'll wait for you in my car," Athena whispered and I pleaded her not to, with my eyes, but she ignored me and climbed into her car.

Carter approached me slowly and I crossed my arms. "I just don't understand why you had to lie," I began and he sighed. "Khloe, you're aware of how unstable Luna can be when her emotions get involved. She could've killed Chase," He reasoned.

"Someone you didn't even know at the time. and you barely know him now," I shot back and he sighed. "S-So you lied when I asked you about Luna, and then you lied again when I asked you about your feelings for me," I stuttered and he tried to speak but no words left his mouth.

"Cause you like me, don't you? I-I mean I can see the glares you give Ricky, who has done nothing but be good to me, and nice to you. Everyone sees the looks you give whenever I breathe in Ricky's direction! I'm not your property, and you made that very clear when we were walking to Athena's." I finished and my eyes were watering and I hated myself for being emotional.

"Carter, I've liked you for a long time, and as much as I want those feelings to disappear, they can't, " I sighed as he watched me patiently. "I just need you to not talk to me right now," I finished as I shook my head and hurried into Athena's car.

"What happened?" She asked and I shut the car door. "Drive." I said quickly as I attempted to dry my face. "But he's walking up to your window," She reasoned and I could see him approaching through the side mirror.

"Athena, drive now please," I said a little louder and she honked at him, and he backed away as she reversed and sped out of the Valley.

"Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" She asked me and I shook my head as I held myself in my arms and stared at the passing houses.

| harley |

"So, uhh what happened out there man?" Chase asked and I pinched him and he visibly winced before glaring at me. I shook my head and he sighed. "So where am I dropping you guys?" Carter asks me and I cleared my throat. "Uhh my place. My mom's out of town for a month," I replied and Chase sat up as he looked at me. "Siblings?" He asked.

"I don't think I can get anymore 'only child' than this," I shrugged as I gestured to myself. "Dad?" He asked and I bit my fingernails. "I wouldn't know, I haven't seen him since he left for work two years ago," I answered and he nodded slowly.

We arrived at my place and both got out of the car. Chase thaked him for the ride and waited on my porch whilst I tapped on the Carter's seat window and he pulled it down. "Hey, you sure you're good?" I asked calmly and he shrugged. "You don't gotta answer that, I can feel it," I said as I gestured to my head. "You now, you're the last person I would choose to feel people's emotions," He said as he tapped my forehead and I smiled as I swatted his hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said and he waved before driving off. I turned around and Carter shouted, "Use protection!" and I stopped walking and visibly cringed.

I'm pretty sure the whole neighbourhood heard that.

I forced a smile as I walked towards Chase. "So we're just gonna ignore him cause he doesn't know what he's talking about," I laughed awkwardly as I quickly unlocked the door and pushed him inside before shutting all the curtains. "Sorry, I have nosy neighbours," I said as I took off my headphones and my shoes.

"Oh, um make yourself comfortable," I said as I went upstairs. I pulled out one of my old band t-shirts and I lifted up the purple cropped hoodie I had on and paused. "Chase," I called out and he appeared on my bed.

"You know, I'd rather you didn't have invisibility," I said. "And I'd rather you didn't have that sports bra on," He said with a shrug and I rolled my eyes. "I hate you," I grumbled as I put on the t-shirt and slipped off the joggers and put it away in my closet. I turned around and Chase was staring at me from my bed.

"Uhh, you okay there?" I teased as I approached him. He sat on the edge of the bed and pulled me in between his legs and held me in his arms. "We've pretty much developed a love-hate relationship here," I said and he shrugged. In a swift motion, he flipped me onto my bed and hovered above me.

"You okay there?" He teased and I nodded slowly.

I can hear my heart beating in my ears.

"Good, so you won't mind if I do this," He said as he crashed his lips against mine. My breath hitched slightly before I kissed him back. He stopped and pulled away. "Do you feel anything?" He whispered as he kissed my neck softly and I closed my eyes.

He only had one emotion.

Desire.