𝗦𝟭, 𝗘𝗽𝟱: 𝘀𝗵𝗲, 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗶 𝘄𝗮𝘀

Start from the beginning

I don't even know why I pointed to myself and not where we are right now.

"A-And you were probably just being friendly and i-it's not my business who you're protecting or whatever," I rambled as I pushed my hair out of my face.

"Khloe," He stopped me. "What are you trying to ask me?"

"I thought you liked me," I breathed out and his facial expression didn't change.

"I don't know what you mean," He answered and my face fell.

"B-But you kissed me," I whispered and he scratched the back of his head. "Everyone says that y-you, that you're um," He stuttered and I held in my shaky breath.

"That because I'm popular, friends with Athena, and because boys follow me around all day that I have sex regularly? Is that what you're saying?" I asked and he couldn't form an answer.

"Did you think I was a whore?" I asked quietly as I looked up at him. "Carter," I said his name firmly and he blew out a raspberry as he looked down at me.

It hurts even more because I am far from the girl he thinks I am; the girl everyone thinks I am. I wish I could be that girl, so maybe I wouldn't be selling guys dreams when they want to get to know me.

I shook my head as my eyes brimmed with tears and walked ahead. I speed-walked past everyone else and held my arms to my chest as I fell into step with Athena. "Hey, we're not that far out so-," She said but she stopped as she looked at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she attempted to move my hair so she can see my face. "Who were you walking with?" Chase asked softly as I hid my face from him.

"Carter," I sniffled and Athena placed her arm over my shoulder and I rested my head on her shoulder as we kept walking.

| harley |

Khloe rushed past me and Ricky stopped rambling as he watched her rush ahead. "Wonder what's wrong with her," He mumbled but he lowered his head as he spoke.

He already knows.

I watched her lean on Athena and Chase rubbed her shoulder as they all kept walking.

I felt the air tighten around me and I drew a deep breath as I felt myself falling backwards. "Harl? Harley, can you hear me?" Ricky asked as he held me and I opened my eyes again.

"What's wrong with her? What happened?" I heard Carter ask. "Woah, your eyes a like a deep purple," Ricky says and suddenly I heard voices.

So many voices.

But they're like, feelings.

Emotions...

"What's happening?" I muttered as I held my hands to my head. "I knew everyone had their own colour," Chase said with a chuckle as he approached us and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Focus, Harley. FOCUS!

"I-I think I can hear your emotions," I whispered as I tried to zero in on each one. "Wait what can you hear?" Ricky asked as I held my hands to my head. "I-I don't know, but someone is really loud," I said as the pain got worse.

"I-It hurts," I said as I tried to suppress the pain.

I hear fragments.

Maybe, if I focus, I can figure out who it is.

He hurt me.
How could he do this?

"Who is that?" I whispered.

Suddenly, it clicked.

"Khloe," I muttered. "Khloe?" Carter repeated and I stood upright. I winced as I touched the side of my head, but adjusted to the noises. "Um, I'm fine now, I just need to walk alone," I said and Ricky, Chase and Carter nodded and all walked ahead.

She's in pain.

I try shutting out her emotions and focusing on others. Someone here hurt her.

Wait, why is Carter guilty?

I looked up and watched him walking just in front of me, with his hands in his pockets.

I haven't attempted to turn invisible since I first did it. I focused my mind on what I wanted to do and ran ahead until I was in front of Carter.

He didn't realise so I'm guessing that it worked.

I stopped in front of him and reappeared and he jumped.

"Harley, what the fuck?" He hissed and I looked him in the eye. I could see my eyes turning purple as I looked at his.

"What did you do to Khloe?"