→ chapter sixty

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

chae could've sworn that her ears were about to fall off, it was official, she could no longer take anymore of professor binn's voice droning on and on. she waited in anticipation for the bell, hoping it would save her from her misery.

usually, history of magic was quite interesting but since their class had covered everything (well chae had covered everything by asking binn's for extra work) she was undoubtedly bored.

it seemed that chae's wish had been answered when the bell rang overhead, her hands scrambled to pack up her things not wanting to spend another second in the classroom which was unusual for someone as smart as chae.

however, when chae made it outside she wasn't greeted with the usual bustling and busy students trying to get back to their dormitories. the young girl was met with silence, a silence that was painful to listen to and it looked like everybody was frozen with shock.

instead of turning and leaving for the ravenclaw common room, which she desperately wanted to do. the girl's curiosity got the best of her when she began to mutter useless 'excuse me's in order to push her way through the crowd.

when she had seen why everybody had frozen, chae didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. in the middle of the corridor, was a huge and very dirty, extremely smelly swamp.

those boys had done it this time. this would be their final straw and chae knew that umbridge was waiting for a reason to expel them and this would be the perfect opportunity.

the swamp bubbled whilst students tried to move around it, some of them even pushing their friends in it or accidentally falling in. chae had to push the temptation away as her eyes fell to a member of the inquisitorial squad, surely chae could say she had accidentally bumped into them and it wasn't her fault they had fallen in.

the moving crowd swept the petite girl away, bodies slamming against her, all trying to get away from the swamp. well, that was until they saw there was a ring of students forming in the entrance hall. when chae had managed to finally manoeuvre her body outside, she managed to push through the crowd to the front.

in front of her, stood the boys she loved wholeheartedly. however, by the look on their faces, they had been cornered and none other than umbridge herself was now walking towards them. there was no mistaking the evil grin on her face, she stood at the marble staircase leering down at the twins.

it certainly looked as if umbridge was a hunter and the twins were her prey.

chae caught fred's eye for a moment and he winked at her playfully, she smiled brightly at him. she watched him in awe, wondering how she had ever come to fall in love with somebody like him.