District 12 Reaping (13)

Stood a girl that looked like you

I guess that's deja vu

But I thought this can't be true

*cue music by Train*

Norepla Cementsfound's (Capitol citizen) P.O.V:

Honestly. Who cares about the District 12 tributes? Let's be honest.

They never win the Games. There's never anything of interest going on in the District. So why would anyone care about them?

Personally, I like the tributes from District 2. Careers are always the winners. Most of the time. But Mildred East and Oscar Leigh, both 17 and from District 2, have both won the Games this year, and there hasn't been a single survivor from 12. I'm sure there'll be more Career winners, too.

I pout as my best friend, Spelli Ngerror, flicks on the District 12 Reaping. For some reason, she likes the underdog Districts. I have absolutely no clue why. They never win. There's no point in getting all excited.

The escort selects a male name. Surprisingly, she is interrupted by the call of a volunteer. A handsome, muscular guy with jet black hair jogs up to the front. What a heartthrob. I roll my eyes.

"Name?"

"Joshua Beacon," the boy announces proudly. The escort claps excitedly, a silly grin on her face. She must be quite excited to have a volunteer. I glance over at Spelli. She's quite happy too. I sigh. She's already fallen for this kid.

"Larissa Skylark!" The escort calls. A skinny girl with long brown hair slowly makes her way forward. Psshh, this girl isn't gonna make it through the Bloodbath.

"Wait...wait! Larissa!" A voice screams. A girl who looks very similar to the Reaped one separates herself from the crowd, except taller and prettier. Peacekeepers shove her back into the crowd. "No! NO!" The girl screams. I snort. Shut up already.

That's when it starts to get interesting. Finally. "I VOLUNTEER!" The girl shrieks. "I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" The Peacekeepers push her up toward the escort.

"Name, darling?"

The girl keeps her chin held high. "Maya Skylark."

"Maya..." Joshua, the male tribute speaks up. He has a pained look in his eyes.

The girl averts her gaze. "I'm sorry, Joshua, but I couldn't let Larissa go into the Games."

He shakes head. "This can't be true."

I smirk. This kid seems upset. I suddenly come to a conclusion that is right in front of my face. I lean over to Spelli and whisper, "he's taken."

She growls at me and swats me away. "A girl can wish."

Sure enough, Maya announces the two are dating. I smile. Yay. Romance with one or both of them fated to die. Or neither, but that's no fun.

"Our District 12 tributes- Joshua Beacon and Maya Skylark!"