The Remake Center

Peyton Bliss's (District 6) P.O.V:

I grit my teeth, trying not to scream in pain, as my prep team removes the hair from my body. Supposedly this is supposed to make me look pretty, but right now all I can think about is all this pain.

"All done!" A woman named Lipsy says sweetly. She gives me a robe to wear and I walk in to meet my stylist.

His name is Gourd, and he looks pretty unCapitoly (if that's even a word) except for his dark purple hair swept to one side. He wears a matching button-down shirt with cuffed sleeves and stiff black pants. Gourd walks around me, looking at my body, but doesn't ask me to take my robe off. I have pulled it very tightly around myself, so perhaps he can see my general body frame through it.

"Hmm..." Gourd says. I bite my bottom lip, worried what he will say. "We can work with this." Gourd comes around from my backside and faces me directly. "So you're Peyton, I hear," he says. I nod. "Come with me." He leads me into an expensive-looking room with two leather couches and a glass coffee table in between them. The table is piled high with our lunch: turkey with a brown gravy on top, creamy mashed potatoes with loads of butter, finely cut ciabatta bread with Brie cheese on top, a salad of cucumbers and tomatoes with freshly ground pepper and a balsamic dressing draped over it, and for dessert, a refreshing mint ice cream.

"Wonderful, isn't it?" Gourd smiles at me. And I suppose it is, to have food whenever you want it. We never did back home. Although I suppose nobody does, except for the Capitol residents and some of the wealthier districts.

"So," Gourd says. "We are going to discuss your costume for the Opening Ceremony in a few hours. I have had a few ideas already." Gourd pulls a small device out of his pocket and begins to show me pictures of possible outfits I could wear. Since I am supposed to represent my district, it will have something to do with transportation. I finally select one, and Gourd smiles at me. "Good choice," he says, and I smile back.