The Opening Ceremony

Capitol Audience P.O.V:

The District 1 chariot comes out first, and the beautiful girl Mari is in a long, flowing silver dress that sparkles. It spreads around her feet, almost resembling a wedding gown. Her hair is down, long, shiny, chocolate brown waves all the way down her back. A diamond tiara rests upon her head, embedded with studs. She smiles and shyly waves to the crowd. She holds hands with her district partner. Sam wears a gold suit that also glitters. He is grinning at the crowd, and all the Capitol girls are sighing happily. He is quite attractive looking in the costume.

The District 2 chariot appears just moments later. They are the masonry district, so Kathleen is in a slim, gray, no-sleeve dress that reaches to just above her knees. Her hair is tied up in her signature blond ponytail, and she wears a magenta headband along with a matching necklace, bracelet, and hoop earrings. The boy, David, sports a grey suit next to her, and he also includes a magenta tie. His shaggy, dark brown hair is neatly combed through, and he looks very handsome. Both of the tributes are smiling and waving to the crowd.

Lillian and Fredrick, from District 3, come next. They are both dressed in rainbow colors to signify the complicity of technology.

Following them are Annalies and Jam. They are from the fishing district, and their chariot is decorated with little fish. Annalies is dressed in a sea green dress that presses close to her body, and then cuts off at her feet in the front and curves into a tail in the back. Her dark hair is tried up in a braided bun. Next to her, Jam is in a casual blue polo shirt and aqua shorts. They are both looking straight ahead, not waving or smiling or anything.

From District 5, Zoe and Raymond are dazzling the crowd in bright yellow. Zoe's hair is in a twisted braid that curves onto her shoulder, and her electric dress reaches her knees. It has puffed-up sleeves and a yellow ribbon tied in the back. She is smiling brightly to the crowd. Raymond is in a suit with the same bright color as Zoe's dress. He is smiling, too, but not as happily.

The District 6 chariot contains Peyton and Harold, from the transportation district. Peyton wears a dark blue button-down jacket with a matching pencil skirt. A dark blue cap sits upon her head, and her mud-colored hair is tied up in a simple, shiny bun. It actually looks pretty! Harold is dressed in an outfit similar to a conductor's, in the same navy blue. Their chariot is decorated in little trains.

From the lumber district, Terri and Conner are made to look like trees. They are wearing identical brown suits that cover everywhere but their face, which is painted to look like a tree's bark. They both have brown hair that looks somewhat tree-ish.

The District 8 chariot follows them. Indigo is wearing a patchwork dress and Jackson patchwork shirt and pants to symbol District 8's textiles. Indigo's dark hair is held back by a matching patchwork headband. They both smile and wave to the crowd, and Indigo catches a rose thrown at her.

From District 9, the grain district, come the lovers, Nora and Owen. Nora wears a cute, tawny dress, and her golden hair spills over her shoulders. Owen wears a matching tawny shirt and pants, and they hold hands.

Isis and Vernon, from the livestock district, wear clothing made of fluffy, white sheep's wool. Isis's fleece looks very nice with her matching skirt, and Vernon looks dashing in his woolen sweater.

The District 11 chariot appears just after them. Edith is wearing a corduroy dress with a straw hat, while Xavier is sporting a pair of overalls.

Finally comes the District 12 chariot, and Willow and Yvon are wearing midnight black clothes to symbol their district's coal mining. They pull into their spot in the city circle, and President Snow says a few quick words, welcoming all the tributes. Then the parade is over.