The Training Center (Day 1) (REVISED)

Leif Tearzon's (District 6) P.O.V:

I stride into the Training Center, thoughtfully pondering whether I should strengthen my skills with a crossbow, go for a new weapon, or practice my survival skills.

See, it all depends on what the arena is. If it's somewhere where I won't be able to use the long-range crossbow because there isn't a clear line of sight, then it'll be a waste of my time, but if the arena is flat and it is possible to see a long way away, the crossbow will come in extremely handy. Unfortunately, I have not been informed what climate the Games will take place in, and I don't think I will be until it is time for the Games.

I glance around at the other tributes to see what they are doing. The group of four Careers- Vapor, Randall, Mollie, and Caspian- dominate the sword station- the other tributes are too scared to go over. Surprisingly, neither tribute from 1 joined their alliance. Angel is over at the spears, while Onyx is at the medical station.

Over at the other weapon stations, Quinn from 7 and Gracelyn, my district partner, are at the axes. Rosa from 9 is using daggers, and it looks like she's dipped poison onto them. The District 12 girl- Etney, I think her name was, is currently throwing knives, joined by Rachel from 7, Zephyr from 3, Naya from 5, and Hazel from 11. There's going to be quite a lot of competition to get those at the Bloodbath, judging by the number of people practicing with them. Annie- I think she's from 3- is shooting with a bow and arrow. Damon from 11 is practicing with a trident, and he's surprisingly good considering he's not from District 4, where most kids who use that weapon come from. Cain from 9 is using a mace.

At the survival stations, Dion from 12 is attempting to start a fire. Carlie from District 8 and Hayden from 10 are climbing on the ropes course. Zeke from 5 is over at the plants station. In the corner of the Training Center, I spot Mickey from 10 pushing Mouse from 8 forcefully. The smaller kid stumbles and almost trips. Mickey shouts something I can't hear. Judging from his Reaping- I watched a recap of it on the train- it's probably a threat. He's gotten himself a minion.

The crossbows are empty, so I decide to use them. I smile as I walk over, glad the weapon station with the one that I am best at isn't as crowded as the knives. If I decide that I am going to run into the Bloodbath- I'm not quite sure yet, saving that decision to the last minute is my game plan- I don't want anybody else in my way that I could possibly have to fight for it.

After about fifteen minutes of pretty successful shooting, I am distracted by a commotion by the Career group. I watch, mildly interested, as Vapor storms off, shouting, "You know what?! I'll get my own alliance!" I guess she's leaving Career group for some reason. She didn't really seem like that type of person, anyway.

Thinking about allies makes me realize that it would probably be a good move on my part to find someone to watch my back in the arena. But who? There aren't many people who would be open to teaming up with me, even as the- ahem, charismatic guy I am.

As though she can read my mind, Hazel suddenly walks up to me. "Hi, Leif. So we were wondering- we as in, me, Quinn, and Rachel- if you'd like to join our alliance, maybe?" Her hazel eyes shine hopefully at me.

I grin. "Sure."

"Great!" She flashes a smile back at me before walking back over to the throwing knives.

I just got myself in an alliance.

Final Alliances (REVISED) (may not have been mentioned):

Alliance #1 (Careers)~ Randall Grimes, Mollie Berns, Caspian O'Conner, Cain Vigle (yep, he's their backup fourth person)

Alliance #2~ Hazel Abers, Quinn Mayfleet, Rachel Brewster, Leif Tearzon

Alliance #3 (not mentioned)~ Rosa Snow, Gracelyn Woods, Annie Theodore, Hayden Polluck

Alliance #4 (not mentioned: Vapor Waters, Dion Manger, Zeke Vessel

I don't think I missed anyone...all other tributes are solo.