Day 2

Aria Johanson's (District 1) P.O.V:

Allistar and I decided to make camp by the shore of the water. On the morning of the second day, I'm digging out a sleeve of saltines from one of our two backpacks for breakfast when Allistar says, "Hey. Storm's coming."

I glance up, and see dark gray clouds gathering in the distance. I shrug. "Shouldn't be much trouble. Just more rain." A steady drizzle has been falling since we first rose into the arena.

Even so, the two of us anxiously watch the clouds intimidatingly draw closer and closer. A wind picks up, and it gets stronger quite quickly. My hair is whipped in my face, and I push it away to glance at the water, where the waves are getting bigger. Like, taller than I am. "Maybe we should move more inland!" I shout over the wind to my ally.

With that, the wind picks up one of the backpacks and carries it toward the water. Allistar stands up and begins to jog after it. "Be careful!" I call out, but I don't know if he can hear me over the gusts of wind. The waves would be strong enough to sweep him off his feet now. I watch as Allistar reaches the backpack, slings it over his shoulder, and...

Have a wave knock him to his knees.

"Allistar!" I shout, and run toward the water. "ALLISTAR!"

I see his hand surface above the water. Determined to try and save my district partner, I dive into the water. But I quickly realize, not only because I'm not the greatest swimmer, the waves are extremely strong, and I'm fighting against the current for my life. Screw Allistar; there's no way I can help him. The waves are huge now, and I catch a glimpse of water engulfing the shack on the shore. At least one person was in there. BOOM. The cannon sounds faint with the roar of the water in my ears.

My strength slowly wanes. Another cannon goes off, probably Allistar drowning. Another huge wave pushes me under the water, and I push up toward the surface, but then another wave bears down on me before I can even take a breath of precious air. Water fills my lungs.

I wonder when people drowning decide to give in.

Naomi Young's (District 8) P.O.V:

As the hurricane descends upon the arena, I take shelter in a tree. As long as it doesn't fall, I'll be fine. I do feel like killing someone, though. Maybe I should take advantage of the situation.

My opportunity comes actually quite quickly. The two tributes from twelve run past, the boyfriend and girlfriend. I arm myself with a spear I had grabbed and casually chuck it at the girl's head. It hits its mark perfectly, and she falls to the ground face first whilst a cannon goes off.

The boy, after a shocked yelp of, "Maya!" glances around to see where the spear that just killed his partner. Our eyes lock, and his alight with fury. That's when I notice he has a throwing knife-

Would've been nice if I'd observed that two minutes ago.

Joshua Beacon's (District 12) P.O.V:

Maya and I were heading to the Cornucopia for shelter. We figured it'd be better than the forest, where the trees were at risk of falling down. Now it's only me. Little devil from 8 killed her. I don't want to believe it. But I have to face the facts. Maya's dead. I'll make her and myself proud and win.

I run through the trees quickly when I catch a slight movement in my side vision. I chuck a second knife behind me, hoping it'll either hit or intimidate the tribute or animal hiding there. Apparently it does better. BOOM. I don't go back to check who it was, I'll find out tonight.

The ground opens up to the flat landscape in front of me, and I slow to a jog. The Cornucopia is straight ahead, and so is the hurricane. I duck under the roof and come face to face with the girl from 4. Her eyes widen when she sees me, and for a moment I see Maya there, in her face, for some weird reason. "Sorry," I apologize, and punch her in the head. At least she won't feel the knife sinking into her heart when she's unconscious. It's the least I can do for her.

The hurricane passes after a few hours. By night, no more cannons go off. I stare up at the night sky as the Capitol anthem begins to echo and the fallen flash in the sky. Both tributes from 1, the guy from 3, the girl who was in the Cornucopia, the devil in the tree, the lovestruck girl from 10, and... Maya. I tear my eyes away from my dead girlfriend and try to forget her beautiful face.

All Day 2 Deaths:

Aria Johanson, District 1

Allistar Mento, District 1

Del Tech, District 3

Ameria Well, District 4

Naomi Young, District 8

Luna Dove, District 10

Maya Skylark, District 12