District 10 Reaping (15)

Linus Flanigan's (District 10) P.O.V:

Vanilla.

She's that girl that nobody likes. Nobody has a crush on her, nobody is friends with her, nobody even talks to her.

It's because they thinks she's ugly.

Just because her nose is crooked, she's considered ugly.

When did the kids of ten become so corrupt?!

I am the only one that sees the truth inside of her. She's really beautiful, beautiful on the inside. She's got a great personality. She's funny and intelligent and curious and just wants to fit in. To be liked. I see it in her.

But there's no way I'm ever speaking to her. My friends have caught me looking at her too many times. Linus Flanigan, the cool kid, staring at Vanilla Peach, the loser girl. It just doesn't work.

I would talk to her if I could.

But I can't. I'd never hear the end of it from my friends. I wish that I could switch places with another loser guy for a day. Stop being the popular one. Stop being surrounded by a bunch of rowdy friends. Stop having the girls giggling whenever you walk by them. Have their gaze drift over you, like you're unimportant. Have them whispering about another guy instead.

I'd take that if it was offered to me.

Maybe for even longer than a day.

I sort of wanted to talk to Vanilla anyway. To experience unpopularity. To lose my position in the social hierarchy for good.

But now it's too late. Her name was just called.

And then apparently fate wants me to talk to her.

Because my name is called, too.

A/N: I am soooooo going to make this into an actual modern day story!! I'm going to publish it on Wattpad, but with the Hunger Games completely left out of it. Hmm. I think it'll be my first real, teenage romance novel. Maybe you'll decide to go and check it out. Title for now is, 'Vanilla Peach'.