District 2 Reaping (13)

Belinda Birdflight's (escort) P.O.V:

"Hello, hello! Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor!" I smile at the crowd of adolescents before me. Two of these lucky children will be going into the Hunger Games.

"Let's select a girl tribute first!" I giggle. I walk over to the large glass Reaping ball full of papers. I dig my hand into it deeply and pluck a name from the very bottom. For the effect, I unfold it slowly.

"Kat Hawthorne!" I announce. Surprisingly, no Careers volunteer. I guess they're all too scared. "Kat Hawthorne?" I repeat. She hasn't shown herself yet.

Finally, a girl with long brown hair shuffles forward. She looks quite shocked. I smile at her. "Our District 2 female- Kat Hawthorne!"

I proceed to select a paper from the male Reaping ball, right from the very top. "Kay Hawthorne!" I read the name aloud. Interesting, the same last name as Kat. I wonder if they are related.

Kat screams, confirming my suspicions. A boy who is practically identical to her, except with short hair, makes his way towards me. "Are you two...related?" I ask the two tributes.

Both pairs of blue eyes stare at me in horror. "Twins," Kay whispers.

I almost regret choosing them both by chance, but the Capitol will love a pair of twins in the Games! What fun! We haven't had twins yet this year!

"Our District 2 tributes- twins Kat and Kay Hawthorne!"