The Scores

Willow Wisp's (District 12) P.O.V:

I hope that they liked my fire. I set a few dummies on fire, though, and I don't know if they liked that. The scores begin to play on the screen. "From District 1, Mari Redd, with a score of 10, and Sam Markson, with a score of 9," The announcer says.

"From District 2, Kathleen Pawters, with a score of 9, and David Singe, with a score of 11." Wow. That was impressive.

"From District 3, Lillian Zenn, with a score of 6, and Fredrick James, with a score of 7.

"From District 4, Annalies Well, with a score of 8, and Jam Tillman, with a score of 9.

"From District 5, Zoe Vessel, with a score of 8, and Raymond Canis, with a score of 5." I wonder how he got so low.

"From District 6, Peyton Bliss, with a score of 7, and Harold Karter, also with a score of 7.

"From District 7, Terri Hold, with a score of 5, and Connor Applegate, with a score of 8.

"From District 8, Indigo Godspeed, with a score of 8, and Jackson Forner, also with a score of 8.

"From District 9, Nora Godfrey, with a score of 6, and Owen Lithe, with a score of 7.

"From District 10, Isis Osprey, with a score of 7, and Vernon Diggory, with a score of 8.

"From District 11, with a score of 6, Edith Nolan, and Xavier Emblem, with a score of 7.

"And finally, from District 12, Willow Wisp, with a score of... 8!" A smile spreads across my face. "... And Yvon Quarry, with a score of 6." I look over at him, and the corners of his mouth are turned downwards.

"Don't fret about it," I try to make him feel better. "Tomorrow's the interviews. You'll get some sponsors then!" He looks up at me, terror in his eyes.

"Don't lie," he says, and stomps off to his room with the silken blankets he will stain with his tears. I decide that since we've already eaten dinner, I might as well go to my room, too. I change into some light nightclothes and pull a soft blanket and fluffy pillow onto the floor. I feel slightly uncomfortable about sleeping in the same bed that 149-maybe even more- dead girls have slept in. The ground is comfy anyway, there is super soft carpet under me. I fall asleep in a matter of moments.