The Scores

Princess Galore's (District 1) P.O.V:

I'm confident I got a got a really good score during my training session. The television clicks on, and my name is up first. "From District 1, Princess Galore, with a score of 9, and Caesar King, with a score of 10!" Says the announcer. Nine! That's really good! I'm so excited, but slightly annoyed Caesar got a better score than I did.

I listen in to hear the rest. "From District 2, Mildred East, with a score of 8, and Oscar Leigh, with a score of 10!" Woah, I was expecting Mildred to be higher than Oscar. I wonder what she showed the Gamemakers.

"From District 3, Jillie Hapenes, with a score of 7, and Ki Intumi, with a score of 6.

"From District 4, Gretchen Tittle, with a score of-" there is a pause. I frown. "1, and Elijah Gregory, with a score of 6." Oh my gosh. A one! There hasn't been a one for years! She must be, like, totally helpless! Oh. Wait. Was that the girl who- stabbed herself? I guess she recovered. Wow.

"From District 5, Bertha Hulk, with a score of 9, and Cory Finn, with a score of 6.

"From District 6, Fran Sermon, with a score of 5, and Ludwig Libhart, with a score of 8.

"From District 7, Margret Patterson, with a score of 8, and Trik Dublin, with a score of 7.

"From District 8, Barbara Sludge, with a score of 6, and Herman Chicken, with a score of 5." Wow, they managed to say it without laughing.

"From District 9, Ingeborg Thorn, with a score of 7, and Magnus Copperfield, also with a score of 7.

"From 10, Ursula Fisher, with a score of 6, and Bruno Lesley, with a score of 7.

"From 11, Helga Blue, with a score of 7, and Thor Stump, with a score of 8.

"And finally, from District 12, Ethel Lifshitz, with a score of 6, and Tyle Cabana, with a score of 8. That concludes our scores!"