The Aftermath

A/N: you guys made this very hard for me to write; like none of the tributes have actual family XD

When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

*cue music by Anna Kendrick*

Alina Rhys's (remember, District 9 girl who swears a lot) P.O.V:

Felicity is dead.

Why. WHY. WHY?!?!?

Why must the world do this to me. THIS IS DAMN F*CKED. WHAT THE F*CK DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS. TO BE THE ONLY SURVIVOR OF THE THREE OF US. LIFE IS SH*TTY. First I lose my sister Macey, and now my best friend who was there for me in the times following Macey's death. But now she's gone, too. Because she volunteered for me. Nobody has any idea how b*tchy that makes me feel, like Felicity's death was my fault because I was reaped.

I can't get the image of her death out of my head. Of her falling and banging her head on that sharp rock as the road slipped away under her feet, of her unfocused eyes staring into nothing, the trail of blood sneaking down her face and into her blond hair, a dark red stain. And then once I think of that, I think of Macey and the bloody hole in her stomach where the spear was that the Careers threw at her and how they didn't care and were laughing as they walked away.

It is my sister's death all over again, for Felicity almost felt like a sister to me. I cry. I cry some more. I cry even more. I sob uncontrollably. I weep silently. I think about how depressing my miserable excuse of a life is. I think about joining Macey and Felicity in death. Even that must be better than this terrible, terrible pain.

And this time, I have nobody left to comfort me.

Nevada Vegas's (District 5) P.O.V:

I miss Centorn.

I miss his solemn presence among us. He was the best of us, the most cunning and the trickiest. We aren't doing nearly as well getting food now that he's gone. One of our members has even been caught, and he was whipped in the square. It was terrible, and it's good I know some stuff about healing and medicine and was able to treat him. If Centorn was here, that wouldn't have happened. He would have made sure we were more careful.

But I think I miss him more than on a professional level.

Centorn Abash was a very close friend of mine, probably the closest I was to any of the rebellious kids in our little gang. It really, really sucks to have him gone. He's been there for me when I need him and to me the group doesn't feel complete without him. Life goes on for me, but my thoughts are always with Centorn.

I don't cry. I'm too tough for that.

But I'll forever be grieving.

Narnia Cinder's (District 2) P.O.V:

I should never have been so positive. Why did I never realize that until it was much too late.

I should have been anticipating Eden's death from the very start. I should have been preparing myself for the worst like all my friends were. I should have caught on right away that nobody else was being nearly as optimistic as I was. I should have sent my little brother to train with the other kids so that he would have had some fighting skills and a better chance of winning the Games. I was so sure he was never going to be Reaped.

I regret everything. I let Eden die.

And then that other girl passed away, too, from our District. Zoella, her name was. She really seemed to care for Eden. She cried when he died, just like I did. I was hoping, after my brother was killed, that at least she would survive. It is a shame she didn't. We could have mourned Eden together.

My younger brother is gone.

I will never be optimistic again.