The Training Center (Day 2)

Gamemaker's P.O.V:

The first tribute enters. She has long blond ringlets of hair and is rather tall. "Princess Galore, District 1," she smiles sweetly. I nod, and she walks over to the archery station. She requests moving targets, and soon she is shooting at mechanical butterflies flying everywhere. She hits them all, but I notice one only clipped on the wing, and lower her score slightly for that. Although, the butterflies are very small targets.

The male tribute comes in next. "Caesar King, District 1," he introduces himself, and heads over to the sword station. He picks a study one up and then walks over to the poison station. He dips the sword tip in snake venom expertly and jogs over to the dummies. He thrusts his sword into one, decapitates another, and splatters green venom on a third. Since the dummies are made to react to things like the human body (save the blood), it immediately shrivels up, which would kill another tribute. This boy knows what he's doing.

It's time for District 2. "Mildred East, District 2!" Exclaims a brown-haired tribute girl. She walks up to a dummy, armed with no weapons. She raises her hands in front of her, and it suddenly occurs to me- Martial Arts. Mildred kicks and punches and hurls herself at the dummies. She's quite experienced, but her skill won't do her much good against someone with a real weapon.

"Oscar Leigh, District 2," mumbles a messy haired boy. He gives the impression he's bored. Oscar strolls over to the ropes course. He scampers up a rope ladder like a monkey and bounds across a tight rope. Oscar swings skillfully across monkey bars and hangs from a wire on the ceiling by his pinkie, unafraid that he will fall. He performs a number of other amazing stunts, and I award him a high score.

The other tributes go. Jillie Hapenes, from 3, throws knives. Most of them hit the red or blue ring on the target. Bertha Hulk, from 5, shows an incredible amount of strength as she throws 200 pound weights, crushing dummies. Ludwig Libhart, from 6, shows a skill of shelter-making, and his finished product is pretty incredible. Margret Patterson, from 7, shows promise with a crossbow, and Tyle Cabana from 12 has supreme aim when he throws rocks. I evaluate them carefully and prepare their final scores.