The Interviews

Capitol Audience P.O.V:

"Welcome, welcome! Let's meet the tributes for our 150th Annual Hunger Games!" Says Waldorf Cobb, who will be interviewing the tributes and keeping the audience up to date on everything happening in the arena during the games. "Let's start with... Mari Redd!" He points to his right, and Mari comes out in a beautiful blue dress with many layers, like waves in the ocean. Her chocolate brown hair is also in waves. Waldorf notices also. "Hello, Mari! You look absolutely stunning in all these waves!" He turns to the crowd. "Did you know that Mari means, 'of the sea'?" The crowd applauds at her spectacular costume. Waldorf turns back to Mari, and begins to ask her questions. Apparently she has a little sister named Luna who is twelve, and a cat that she loves dearly. Mari's main weapon will be knives in the arena. Then the buzzer goes off and the next tribute comes up. Sam Markson is wearing a white suit that he looks quite dashing in. He apparently likes the food in the Capitol best. Sam will be using a spear in the arena and then it is time for the next tribute.

Kathleen comes out in a baby pink dress that poofs out around her. She will be using a machete in the arena and is going to try to win this thing for her two little brothers. David takes a vicious rather than likeable approach, and he yells out that he is going to kill every last tribute in this year's Hunger Games. It is quite frightening.

Lillian appears in a dandelion yellow dress that brings out her black hair. She is questioned about the smaller girl who was crying out to her when she was Reaped. The girl was her sister, Lindsey, who is sixteen. Lillian began rapidly blinking at this point, attempting to keep the tears away. She whispered that she loved her sister and then fled the stage, leaving Waldorf with her district partner, Fredrick. Fredrick charms the crowd, he seems naturally at ease being interviewed.

Annalies is wearing a sparkly red dress with her hair in the same braided bun as it was during the Opening Ceremony. She answers the questions Waldorf asks almost like she is bored. When Waldorf asks her what was going through her mind when she ripped up the paper with her name on it, she replied, "eh, I don't know. I just got kinda angry and frustrated with this whole thing! And I also wanted to see the look on that stupid escort's face!"Annalies smiled slyly at the end as the crowd laughed. Then the buzzer sounded.

Jam Tillman certainly caught everyone's attention. He ended every sentence he spoke with a loud "SIR!" The audience laughed every time he said that, but he didn't seem to care that they thought it was funny.

Next is Zoe Vessel, in a beautiful dark purple dress. Her hair, cascading down her back in ripples, also makes her quite pretty. She could earn the most sponsors from looks alone. Waldorf asks her about life at home, and she answers that she has two brothers, and that all three of them are triplets, a very rare thing. She smiles nicely at the audience when she isn't talking, but when he asks about her weapon that she good a fairly good '8' with, her face hardens. "I'd prefer not to reveal that yet," she says coldly, giving the crowd a completely different side of her. Next is her partner, Raymond, who is so quiet no one can even hear him, and then Peyton Bliss. Her hair is done back in a crisp bun, and she wears a grass green dress to her knees. Waldorf asks her if she thinks she has a chance in the arena, and Peyton replies that she will try her hardest to survive, and that since there are three winners, the odds are slightly more in her favor. Three more tributes go, and then Indigo Godspeed comes out in a beautiful indigo dress, representing her name. Her dark hair is braided, and she smiles shyly. Waldorf asks her about her friend, Violet, that volunteered for her at the Reaping, and how she volunteered for Violet. He gets deep for the Capitol audience and asks Indigo what she had been saying to her friend before she came up to take Violet's place. "I told her to think of her family," Indigo seems to be replaying the moment in her head. The buzzer rings and her time is up.

The rest of the tributes aren't especially memorable, except for the lovers, Nora and Owen, who share their plans to go into the Bloodbath together since they can't both win. Waldorf reminds them that there will be three winners for this game, two of which could be the pair of them, but Nora says that, in the end, they would either have to kill each other or live without the other, and both were simply unthinkable. The only other slightly memorable tribute is Willow Wisp, from District 12. When Waldorf asks her about her weapon choice, she reveals that she is going to use fire. The interviews draw to a close after her district partner, and soon the 150th Hunger Games will begin.