Day 3

Neville Fissh's (District 11) P.O.V:

There's only five of us left. So I'm going to have to kill some members of my alliance. Just so I'm not at risk of dying, because I can't. I have to get back home to my siblings, and get them the riches unlike my selfish brother Preston did.

I think carefully about who to kill. Al, Tapp, or Once. Or that Ezra person, but I'm not going to go looking for him. Save myself the trouble. I can only leave one other person in the alliance alive. It's tricky to decide, because I feel like I would be betraying all three of them.

Tapp.

Or Al, or Once?

I sigh quietly. I should really just get it over with. I'm killing Al and Tapp. No, I'm killing Al and Once. No, I'm killing Once and Tapp. No, I'm killing Al and Tapp! Oh, who am I killing? I really don't know.

I casually walk over to a backpack and fetch two throwing knives. My hands shake as I pick them up, revealing my nervousness. In fact, I'm not just nervous, I'm terrified. I don't want to do this. Why am I even making myself? I don't even know.

My three allies are facing the other way, busy passing around a canteen of water Tapp had brought from the Cornucopia when he came to join us. I take a deep breath, shut my eyes, and blindly chuck the knives. I'm not very good at weapons, but when I hear the noise of a cannon, I know at least one knife found its mark.

I don't want to open my eyes to see who's dead, but I do anyway.

It's Once.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't hit him. In fact, he was the last person I wanted to kill. I gulp guiltily.

Before I know it, Tapp is pulling the second knife out of his arm and chucking it back at me with a hatred. Why did I even do this? I should never have thrown those knives, one of which is hurtling toward my face.

Al Black's (District 9) P.O.V:

"Congrats to the winners of the fifth game in the 150th Hunger Games, Tapp Luck, Ezra Fernandez, and Alton Black!"

"AL!" I shout to the sky, where a hovercraft has just appeared to take us back. "My name is Al."

Oh, god. I can't wait to see the face of that Capital-S Stupid escort again. The downsides to actually surviving the Games. I have to deal with Stupid escorts and actually do the whole thing over again sometime soon, once the next three games are over.

But, I mean, there are downsides to losing. You are dead.

All the same, even if I have to spend time with that Stupid escort and do this again, for now I think I'd prefer the fate of surviving than death. It seems more satisfying.

Much more.

All Day 3 Deaths:

Once Hennau, District 5

Neville Fissh, District 11