District 5 and 6 Reapings (16)

Chrysanthemum Chrysan's (Capitol resident) P.O.V:

How delighted I am that this year has more than one Hunger Games! It is so much fun to be entertained by them! And this upcoming Games has tributes all my own age- sixteen!

I hear a faint patter on the front door of my apartment and gleefully get up from the sofa to answer it. My bestest friend, Mumethna Syrch, stands there grinning when open the door. We both shriek happily and embrace each other. Mumethna, or Meth, as I call her, has come over to watch the district 5 and district 6 Reapings. They are our favorite districts, and we are hoping that someone from them will win soon!

"How ARE you, Chrys?!" Meth giggles. We sit down on the sofa, and my personal Avox brings in some exotic tea and cookies and switches on the screen that will display the Reaping for 5 in a matter of seconds.

"Oh, I am fine, just FINE!" I giggle. "And how are you, Meth?!"

She doesn't have time to answer, because the Reaping has come on. My uncle, Hexagon Sixypixy, appears on the screen. That is why 5 is my favorite district, Uncle Hex is the escort.

"Librarie Ann Seires!" He calls out.

Meth and I whisper excitedly as a petite blonde girl shuffles up towards the reaping balls. "Ooh, do you think she has a chance?" I ask.

Meth pretends to concentrate on the figure on the screen. I burst out laughing, and she does, too. "No, not even a sliver!" She chuckles.

"Me either!" I laugh. "We'll have to see who the guy is to know whether five has a chance or not."

"Hope he's handsome!" Meth giggles. We watch anxiously.

"Devin Keep!" My uncle announces. Meth lays a hand over her forehead, leans back, and closes her eyes, while I gaze dreamily at the screen.

"Nice pick, Uncle Hex!" I say as Devin walks up to Hexagon proudly. "He's so handsome.."

"He's so cute!!!!" Meth shrieks. "Isn't he wonderful!!?!"

The screen switches to the district 6 Reapings, and although Meth and I would prefer to see more of Devin Keep, we are curious to see the tributes for 6 as well.

"Eryna Alabaster!" The girl is pretty, for a district 6 citizen, at least. She has auburn hair and a clear face, and has a body form that makes her quite beautiful, in fact.

I glance over at Meth. She looks jealous, and I snicker. "I hope she dies," Meth mutters, and I burst into laugher.

The escort draws the final tribute. "Gordon..." Meth and I hold our breaths anxiously.

"Rogers!" A rather rat-like boy makes his way through the crowd. His hair is matted and he is very, very skinny. Meth's facial expression mirrors my own- disgust.

I drink a bit of tea, and Meth and I begin our discussion of the tributes. I am so excited.