District 5 Reaping (15)

Hexagon Sixypixy's (escort) P.O.V:

It is time for me to Reap two fifteen-year-old tributes. I straighten my suit and saunter out to the waiting audience. "Hello, again, people of District 5! The time has come to select a male and female fifteen-year-old to participate in the fourth game in this year's Hunger Games! How exciting!" I announce chipperly to the people before me. I decide to draw a female tribute first this time, and walk over to the glass ball that holds their names. I draw one from the side.

"Sa-"

"I VOLUNTEER!" Someone shouts.

My eyes widen. There aren't usually District 5 volunteers. A girl with dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes walks swiftly toward me. "My name is Dana Thonen, and I am not afraid to kill," she says quietly and coldly to me, as though I am at risk. Hahahahaha. Like she would actually hurt me.

I wink at her to show I'm not scared, and then go to draw a name from the male Reaping ball. "Ricardo Sonicare," I read off. A boy with tan skin and almost-black brown hair storms up to me. He quietly says a lot of offensive curses under his breath while staring at me. The people are silent. Ricardo grow louder until he is shouting the insults at me. Then he takes a step forward and punches my face! It hurts so badly! "Who do you think you are?!" I growl at the boy. He glares back, and I whisper softly into my microphone, "Security, please hold this boy back!" Peacekeepers immeadiately flood the area and manage to somehow get Ricardo's hands behind his back with only a few bloody noses. I realize that my nose is bleeding, too! How embarrassing! Well, the only good side is that it fits in with my blood red outfit.

"Our District 5 tributes," I say as I dab my nose with a tissue I found in my pocket. "Dana Thonen and Ricardo Sonicare!"