The Scores

Dilemma Jastings's (District 1) P.O.V:

I take deep breaths. The scores are about to be announced. They'd better have given me the highest one. If they didn't, they don't know what they're doing.

My name is announced first, along with Abe's. I clutch his hand tightly and close my eyes as the announcer begins speaking.

"From District 1, Abraham Boggs, with a score of 9, and a Dilemma Jastings, with a score of 10."

I smile slyly. Not only did I do better than Abe, but I got a 10, which is pretty high. I really hope that will be the best score they give. It better be. I keep listening to hear if anyone got better than me.

"From District 2, Jayson McClare, with a score of 8, and Mirabel Micely, with a score of 11."

I stand up and start screaming a long stream of curses. My face is boiling hot, and I'm so ANGRY, THAT STUPID MIRABEL GOT AN ELEVEN! I shriek until I can't yell anymore, and that takes a bit, but it is as though the announcer is waiting for me, because when I finally sit back down on the sofa with a grrr and a humph, they're still reading off the scores for District 3.

"From District 3, Brad Sweeney, with a score of 7, and also Lindsey Zenn, with a score of 7.

"From District 4, Hugo Belittle, with a score of 9, and Morgan Cooke, with a score of 8." That Hugo must be one kid to watch out for. I'm guessing he just told them about his plan to screw the other alliance up and they gave him extra points for that. I'm glad we let him in with us.

"From 5, Devin Keep, with a score of 6, and Librarie Ann Seires, with a score of 3." Guess they aren't very good, especially that Librarie girl. From what I've seen of her, she was a giggly, cute ten year old until she was Reaped. Then she became the frightened, weeping six year old. The girl needs to grow up and be sixteen already like she's supposed to.

"From 6, Gordon Rogers, with a score of 5, and Eryna Alabaster, with a score of 6.

"From 7, Ranger Lockwood, with a score of 8, and Ashlyn Jeksi, also with a score of 8.

"From 8, Cash Temper, with a score of 4, and Silvia Clothim, with a score of 8." I guess that screaming little three year old didn't do very well. He should partner up with Librarie.

"From District 9, Fettuccini Elfredo, with a score of 6, and Isalia Quill, also with a score of 6.

"From District 10, Nathan Honore, with a score of 7, and Kara Vincent, with a score of 8.

"From 11, Pablo Narval, with a score of 6, and Ornithorinque Xylophone, with a score of 7.

"And finally, from District 12, Quentin Yale, with a score of 7, and Crystal Ice, with a score of 8."

A/N: I decided I would not have favorites between submitted tributes so you may notice that they all have the same score. Please do try to pick another favorite, and comment who it is! I'd love to know who you are rooting for!