District 1 Reaping (All Ages)

A/N: ASDFGHJKL ALL THE SPOTS ARE FULL OMFG

Angel Dustwind's (District 1) P.O.V:

I don't want to volunteer. Yet I have to. My parents will punish me severely if I don't. I refused to volunteer for the twelve Games, and that didn't turn out so well for me. Now they're forcing me to go into the Hunger Games against all ages. If I don't- let's just say, bad things will happen. I'm already abused regularly.

I stand near the outskirts of the crowd of girls, each of them a good two feet away from me. I'm not really friends with anyone. All the kids think I'm mean. I like to think of it as more 'not nice' than mean. Because I'm not mean, I'm just... not nice. And if I do come off as mean, it's only because of all that I go through every day. Anyone who goes through what I do tends to be slightly on the vicious side.

I glance back at the crowd and spot my family. Mom- giving me a stern glare as if to say, 'you better not even think about not volunteering.' Dad- a smug smile on his face, 'finally, the fourth person in our family is about to become a winner, I'll be so famous again.' Annabelle- looking snotty as always, 'ugh, go away, I'm going to catch your germs.'. And Ophelia, the small, sick three year old clinging to my older sister's leg that matters more to me than anything else. They should have left her at home. She's too ill to be here. I watch as Annabelle shakes her off with disgust and Ophelia crumples to the ground, crying.

Ophelia is probably the one reason I still am going to at least try to win. Even if I don't make it through the whole Quell, at least being in the three winners from these Games might get me enough money to afford the medicine she so desperately needs. We have the money, of course, having three winners in the family, but the others don't care enough to get it for her. If I win, that's the first thing I'm going to spend my riches on.

The escort, Lenora Lightengale, comes out of the Justice Building dressed in an overwhelming amount of lavender. "Welcome the last Reaping for the 150th Hunger Games! A quick review on these Games- all possible tributes from 12 to 18 have their names in the Reaping balls only once, regardless of tesserae or age!" She smiles brightly at us. Honestly, I don't see any good reason to smile right now. Then again, for me, there's hardly ever a good reason to smile, and plenty of good reasons to frown.

Lenora decides to choose a slip from the male Reaping ball first. She selects a paper with the tribute's name on it and reads it out loud to the crowd. "Onyx Quartz!"

A boy who looks a few year older than me with, interestingly, white hair silently makes his way forward, his footsteps making barely any noise on the gravel. He takes his place beside the escort without a sound. "How old are you, Onyx?" Lenora smiles.

"Fifteen," he says quietly.

Lenora grins widely. "Wonderful! Let's Reap a girl tribute!" She walks over to the twin Reaping ball and pulls out a slip. I take a deep breath. It's now or never.

And I know it has to be now.

"Eowynn Lee!"

"I... I volunteer!" I manage to yell. I did it. It's over with. I've volunteered and I may or may not get back home. I almost want to cry, for so many different reasons, because my life is just so messed up right now. But hey, who knows, it has a pretty good chance of being over soon.

I slowly take a small step forward. I'm too tough to actually cry in front of all these people. In fact, I don't even know if I could weep if I wanted to. All the tears my eyes are capable of producing were cried during my difficult, early childhood years. Pretty much all I remember from that time is pain.

Lenora gives me an encouraging smile as I finally reach her. "And who are you?"

"Angel Dustwind, age twelve," I whisper.

"A twelve year old volunteer!" The purple escort announces to the crowd of people present. She giggles as she turns back to Onyx and I. "Hehe, you two have matching hair."

I glance over at my District partner, our eyes meeting. Coincidentally, his eyes are grey, and mine are dark grey. His hair is white, mine is a platinum blond shade. We look surprisingly similar.

"Our District 1 tributes!" Lenora calls out, lifting our hands into the air. "Onyx Quartz and Angel Dustwind!"