The Train

Mari Redd's (District 1) P.O.V:

Even though District 1 is a relatively wealthy district, I am still in awe by the food and comfort on the train! I sit at the breakfast table with my district partner, Sam. We are making quiet conversation.

"So, we'll go into the Bloodbath," Sam is saying.

"Yes," I reply. "And we'll kill off anyone else who tries to get stuff once we get there."

Sam nods, and I think about the other people. "What about the tributes from 2?" I ask him.

"We could ask them to team up with us," he replies thoughtfully. "I mean, they're probably pretty good, being Careers and all."

I stab my fork into some eggs and say,"Yeah, that sounds good."

The train suddenly goes dark. We are in a tunnel. "Almost there!" Sam grins. I grin back.

Zoe Vessel's (District 5) P.O.V:

Raymond. I had known him before the Hunger Games, he was one of my brother's best friends. I soon realized Zakary's description of him was correct: caring, loving, wouldn't hurt a bug. And that was a bit of a problem, considering we were going into the Hunger Games together. He was very quiet, too.

"So, Raymond, do you think we should go into the Bloodbath?" I ask him.

"I need stuff," He says quietly.

I ponder wether I should go with him. If he goes in, he's probably going to get killed, so if I go in with him, I will most likely die, too. So the wise decision would be not to go to the cornucopia. I think I'll just grab whatever is close to me, but I don't share this with Raymond.

Connor Applegate's (District 7) P.O.V:

"Yeah, I'm totally going in," I say. I'm talking to my District partner, Terri.

"Ok," she replies. "What should I do?" Terri's not very bright, so I'm giving her instructions about what to do when we go in the Hunger Games. She also tells me she isn't very good with weapons.

"I think you should just run for the nearest shelter," I reply. "Then get something for us to eat once I join you."

"Ok," She says.

I sigh. I'm getting kind of sick of her.

Nora Godfrey's (District 9) P.O.V:

I hold Owen's hand as we watch the country fly by outside the train window. We have decided, as we can't both win, we will go into the Bloodbath together. "It's not quite yet," Owen says to me. "We still have the parade, two days of training, the interviews, and then the feast."

"I know," I tell him. The window suddenly goes dark. We are in a tunnel. "We're almost in the Capitol."