District 11 Reaping (14)

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the Games

*cue music by Taylor Swift*

If you have any musical suggestions, just tell me!

Peprika Fissh's (District 11) P.O.V:

Next time is my Reaping. For thirteen. This time, it's Neville's. My older brother. Megg's passed; she's sixteen. And Tate's will fall the day after his- unfortunately- twelfth birthday.

It won't surprise me if Neville is Reaped. He's gotten tesserae for us even more than Megg has. Supposedly he wants to keep us all safe. I need to prepare myself in case that does happen. Neville's a good brother. I would miss him. I keep that hidden though, now that Preston's left us. I loved the player. He loved the Games more than he loved us. And me. He was so greedy, he took all the riches for himself. I was seven. He was thirteen. I cried. He laughed. I was poor. He was rich. I hid my feelings in a shell after all. No affection for any sibling who is Reaped. Who knows. They could all be Prestons in disguise.

First the girl is Reaped. Mistletoe Leefes, her name is. She has lime green eyes with a lime green highlight in her black-brown hair. She looks completely calm as she takes her place. If I were her, I would be screaming swears at the world.

"Logan Barreed."

So it's not Neville. Good. Then- damn him- I hear his voice. He just volunteered. Well this is sh*tty. Was Logan even his friend? I have no damn clue. Still. Even if he was, Neville shouldn't have volunteered.

I slowly take the conch shell out of the pocket above my heart and clutch it tightly.