The Scores

Ari Gray's (District 9) P.O.V:

I wait anxiously for the scores of the other tributes and myself to be revealed. I glance at my district partner, Al. He's one of the people's favorites. Everyone likes his silly, fresh personality. I like it, too, but it's hard when he's got most of the attention. I try to be optimistic about it, though. If they like him, and I'm from the same District as him, maybe some people will be rooting for me, too!

Finally, the announcement begins.

"From District 1, Aquaria Wave, with a score of 8, and Tapp Luck, with a score of 10!"

"From District 2, Ecair Macaron, with a score of 8, and Frenandes French, also with a score of 8!" Wow, that's low for Careers. Usually they get scores of 9 or higher.

"From District 3, Nemesis Green, with a score of 8, and Malcolm Tsunami, with a score of 6!"

"From District 4, Ruth Tanget, with a score of 8, and Boris Ample, with a score of 7!"

"From District 5, Sparkle Jackson, with a score of 8, and Once Hennau, also with a score of 8!"

"From District 6, Silvver Star, with another score of 8, and Iam Egassap, with a score of 5!"

"From District 7, Olympia Star, with a score of 8, and Zayn Wrett, with a score of 7!"

"From District 8, Zoey Dastra, with a score of 8, and Ezra Fernandez, also with a score of 8!"

I hold my breath as my score is about to be announced.

"From District 9, Ari Gray, with a score of.....8!" Yay! I'm pleased with that, even though a lot of the tributes are getting the same score as I did. I listen for Al's score. "...and Alton Black, with a score of 9!" Oh. He got better than I did. Well, there's more room for improvement for me!

The remaining tributes, Mystra and Milo from 10, both get more 8's, the two injured tributes both get scores of 5, Neville gets a 7, and Kat gets an 8 too. The announcement shuts off.

A/N: Couple things to say.

The reason there were so many 8's was because I gave all submitted tributes the same score to be fair.

Thanks so much for 18,000+ reads, almost 700 votes (6 away), and 830 comments!!! This is amazing!!!! I really never expected to get this far.

All matters of copying, to my knowledge, have been solved.

I have actually figured out how long it's going to take me to write this! Our approximate finish date is the end of April-start of May, as it takes me about a month to write each Games (there are 9 total). It will be nine months from when we started back in August! Can you believe it; we are so close, yet so far! I hope you all stick with me to the end!

OMG. I can't even IMAGINE how many reads there'll be then!!!