Announcing the Quarter Quell

Lindsey Zenn's (district 3) P.O.V:

We watch the big TV screen in the middle of the square. President Snow is reading the quarter quell idea for this year.

"This quarter quell will be very interesting. There will be a total of nine games. The first game will have just eighteen year olds, then only seventeen year olds, and so on. There will be three winners from each of these games. Thinking, that's only seven games? In addition to the games where the children are all the same age, we will have a Hunger Games where every child's name is put in once, no matter how many times it is in the glass ball according to their age. There will be three winners from here, too. Then the three winners will fight in an final games, and the winner can say he/she defeated 191 other individuals!" The President finished. He is an extremely old man now, he probably is on some medicine that the Capitol doesn't give the districts that makes you live longer.

My mouth drops open. Did he really just say a game with just sixteen year olds? Most of the kids from 1 are Careers by that age! If I'm chosen, I'm doomed.

And what about my sister, Lillian? This is her last year, but now the've made it so much more complicated for her! She could get chosen so easily! And Lilli's never been much of a fighter.

This Quarter Quell is terrible.

Dilemma Jastings's (District 1) P.O.V:

I couldn't be more excited for this year's Hunger Games! We had just listened to President Snow announce that if you won, you could say you beat 191 other people! Of course I'm going to volunteer! And if I can't do it for the sixteen year old girl spot, if someone else gets it, then I'll go for the any age Hunger Games! Oh, yes! Fame and riches, here I come!