The Aftermath~part 1

(This is where the song lyrics from the District 1 Reaping tie in...I'll write them again here)

But there's a side to you that I never knew, never knew

All the things you say that were never true, never true

And the Games you play you would always win, always win

*Cue music by Adele*

Luci Luck's (District 1) P.O.V:

My brother is a murderer.

A murderer of eight, innocent girls and boys our own age. He killed them. My brother, my wonderful brother, killed eight people. Eight.

I never knew that bloody, terrible side of him, just the loving, caring brother.

"I did it for you, Luci."

"I don't want to hear excuses, Tapp. You killed eight people. They deserved to live. They had their own lives."

"But it's the Hunger Games, there's only-"

"NO, Tapp. Stop. I'm so...so disappointed in you."

He lied. He told me he wouldn't kill anyone before he left. But he did. Eight innocents.

I never knew that things he said could not be true. He had never been like that with me.

"Luci, I-"

"You PROMISED! You said you wouldn't kill! You lied to me, that wasn't true!"

"Luci, it was necessary-"

"Tapp, go away. I'm never trusting you again. Any promise you make could be as empty as that one."

And he won the Games. But he won them by murdering, and I hate that. I almost would have wanted him to die instead.

"But I did it so I could survive, Luci. So I could get back home to you and mom and dad."

"Too bad, Tapp. You didn't have to kill them."

And with that I had stormed out on him and went into an dark ally and cried.

If I had known what I would cause, I would have acted different towards his killing.

But I didn't know, so I didn't.

I would hate myself for that for the remainder of my life.