The Training Center (Day 2)

Gamemaker's P.O.V:

The first tribute comes in. "Mari Redd, District 1," She says.

"Let's see it, Mari," I say, and sit down in a lounge chair to watch. She walks over to the knife station and picks one up. She stays still for a moment, and I wait anxiously. Suddenly, she spins around, slashes the head off a dummy, and stabs another one in the stomach. Mari slices the knife through another dummy where its eyes would be, and knocks another to the ground by slashing its ankles. She stabs another behind her without turning around, and then walks over to a long row of the mahicans. She twirls the knife fancily and it severs the heads of three in a row before clattering to the floor. I applaud, and Mari bows. She exits the gym without another word.

The next tribute comes in. "Sam Markson, District 1," He says, and immediately moves over to the spears. He throws his first one perfectly. Bullseye. He continues to score three more bullseyes and then scores in the red circle, one away. I take off points for this.

Next comes a girl named Kathleen Pawters from District 2. She requests a machete, and an Avox brings it out. She ferociously attacks some dummies with the machete, using a special move where she spins around in a circle and kills all the dummies around her.

David Singe is perhaps the most vicious of all. He kills very quickly and seems at ease with a sword. I give him a high score.

The next tribute, Lillian, shows a skill at making a fishhook. It is a pretty hook, but she requires a lot of materials. Fredrick also tries a sword, but he is nowhere even close to David.

Annalies Well shows a skill of fistfighting and climbing on an obstacle course. Jam arms himself with a large, solid stick he uses to defend himself. It is quite impressive, considering he is using a stick.

A girl named Zoe shows a skill of making poison out of Nightlock. To make her point clear, she asks for an Avox to sample it, and he dies immediately.

Some other tributes that aren't especially good go, and then Connor Applegate arms himself with a mace. He does some serious damage to the dummies. Indigo Godspeed is a rather good shot with a bow and arrow, and Vernon Diggory wields a whip. Willow Wisp uses fire to her advantage, and I rate them on their level of skill. Soon the scores will be released on live television.