The Remake Center

Amoura Deparnieux's (District 6) P.O.V:

I look at myself in the floor to ceiling mirror with a critiquing eye. Girly, curly dark brown hair all the way to my waist, bangs that make me look five years old. I do not want to look like a little kindergartener if I'm going to be winner of a Quell. I lean in closer to the mirror to look at my eyes. They are a plain, boring brown, not even a nice blue or green. "Okay," I say loudly my prep team, trying not to sound quite as excited as I really am for my makeover, "I want a totally new look."

The three stupid Capitol people glance at each other anxiously, and I narrow my eyebrows as I can tell they are doubtful. "Your look is just perfect for what we have planned-" The woman with abnormally long gold eyelashes and poofy hair the color of cotton candy speaks up, but I hold up a finger to shush her.

"What kind of new look?" The man with the orange eyes and rainbow afro sighs.

I roll my eyes. Do they really need to be asking that question? I'm going to be a winner, I want to look like a winner of the Hunger Games, not a innocent little girl. "Fierce, duh. Give me that!" I snatch a notepad from the woman with lime green skin and begin sketching my new look. My drawing is actually decent considering I've never tried art, I've always been into training for the Games. When I finish, I show it to my prep team, smirking. "That's what I want."

It takes a few hours for my prep team to perfect my new style, as it has to be absolutely perfect. I look in the mirror for the final time, utterly satisfied. My shiny, straight hair is now cut short in a pageboy haircut, dyed a menacing black with one long streak of dark red on one side. My iris color has been changed to a eye-catching blood red to match the streak in my hair. Black makeup gives me a goth look and makes my eyes pop even more, and my skin is a paler, whitish color than it was before.

I love it. I'm not just a winner now, I look like a winner. I can't wait for the Opening Ceremony to show the Capitol this new look. And those other tributes better watch out. The Amoura Deparnieux I've been waiting for has finally arrived. A little late.

But, may I add, fashionably late.