Chapter 79 "Dear... Desire"

~Iria~

I gave Tristan a smile when he walked into the room his uncle had assigned him and Ethan. We have spent the whole day with Amelie, she tried to teach each of us different tricks to control or improve our power in my case.

"Amelie says that she believes I have enough potential to heal other people." I smiled proudly when Tristan sat next to me.

Apparently his grandmother, Amelie's mother, had the same power as me, sure she was way older than me, she just had the power of healing and I had around three powers that I couldn't control.

I couldn't lose hope, though. If she could then I can too.

"I believe it too." He assured with a smile. "And Amelie also taught Chris and I some tricks about control..." Now he sounded flirty, casually placing his hand on my thigh.

I bit my lower lip, I didn't brother to hide the lust in my eyes when I looked at him again. "I would love to try those tricks later..."

I wasn't aware of the way my gaze darkened, my voice had trailed off and I had to look away from him to clear my throat. Laying my gaze on my thighs I grabbed his hand and took it off them.

"What's wrong, rough diamond?" He sounded worried, I couldn't look up to him.

"Nothing." I lied. I had put a lot of effort in getting all my worries out of my mind and I didn't understand why this emotional instability had to show up now.

I was over the lonely feeling that warned me I wasn't safe.

"Rough diamond..." He insisted, this time holding one of my hands, the one that tapped nervously the bedspread.

His touch should have calmed me down... That was what it did but I didn't like. I didn't want to let it go as I've been doing for these weeks.

"It doesn't make sense, Tristan!" My voice tone suddenly raised as I abruptly got up from bed, taking my hand away from him. It didn't took Tristan much to stand up too. "My father spent sixteen years perfecting a plan to bring me back into his arms and the first time he loses sight of me he gives up so easily? It doesn't make sense... Why haven't he tried to get me back already? Maybe he's waiting again, they never caught him... How can I feel safe? How can I know that there won't be another Ruby in our lives that will betray me to take me back to him? I can't live like this..."

The hastily way in which I spoke led my voice to break in the last sentence, I needed time to catch my breath and my glassy eyes weren't making my look of being about to enter an anxiety attack any better. Tristan came closer to me cautiously, as if he thought that any abrupt movement would end me.

"Oh, rough diamond..." He placed his hand on my face what started to slow the rhythm of my racing heart. "I would love to tell you that you don't have to worry but I don't know it. What I know is that there must be a reason that gives sense to his behavior."

"What reason?" I looked up to met his eyes with hope to find something to stop all the nightmares reflected in my eyes.

"I don't know." He whispered. "I guess I can just grab your hand and ask you what can I do..."

Tristan did as he say, he grabbed my hand what made me look down to our intertwined fingers.

"I want to try something." I whispered with my gaze fixed on our hands, then I looked up to him. "I promise that I will just hurt a few seconds."

Tristan didn't have time to frown, before the confusion arrived to his expression I strategically moved my hand, breaking his wrist but once again don't letting him time to react, I pulled our lips together and kiss him with all the determination I could find. I wasn't going to stop that kiss until I felt his wrist healing.