Chapter 68 "Sorry"

~Chrystal~

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since I woke up and everybody started to suffocate me with hugs that came with glassy eyes. You could tell everybody had had their eyes on me since I magically came back from between death but the truth is they haven't. The main focus these weeks has been Iria, my father and the FBI have been trying to find her non-stop since the night she was taken what I'm glad for. There's no need to waste attention on me when Iria is still out there, and I kinda prefer not to be burden with constant questions about how I feel today though I didn't get away with that one...

Tristan has been specially protective during these weeks, more now that we started school after the winter break, after all everything came back to normality, as if nothing had ever happened... Ethan kept his word when he promised not to ever address a word to my brother, the problem is that he also stopped talking to me, just like he stopped sitting with us at the cafeteria and he talked Alexander into switching seats with him so he didn't have to sit next to Tristan... or me.

I would like to say it was fine but it wasn't. Ethan was an important person in my life, not only because I used to have a crush on him but because, although I had already accept that we will never have that kind of relationship, I enjoyed his friendship, more like his company in general.

Everything was messy. Finding Iria was messy. Her apparently new relationship with my brother was messy. Everything that concerned Ethan was messy. Even I being alive was messy and all the answers I could get to this messy lifestyle of mine is that my necklace was what gave me back my life.

My magic necklace was messy too.

I felt an intruder in my brother's dorm, Tristan had told me to meet him there but he wasn't in the room when I entered it, right away I got a text, it was from my brother.

«I'm not gonna make it. I'm busy with dad.»

I sighed when I read Tristan's text. Did I mention he's been putting all his efforts in trying to help the FBI to find Iria? Ethan and him were very catch up in the task... However, it seemed like they took turns to don't meet at the police station or the control room.

«Dad says you should go to the cafeteria for dinner, we'll be late.» The message was followed by a red heart. I smiled when I read it though I wasn't going to go to the cafeteria to eat alone... I would grab something to eat later.

When I looked up from my phone I held my breath for a couple of seconds, Ethan was standing in the middle of the dorm, he had seen me... He was actually looking at me.

The little I had heard about him during these couple of weeks I would have preferred not to. Tristan had half-complained in three occasions about having caught him with a girl in the dorm, the three of them different. I had also had the pleasure to see him with other girls though it wasn't exactly pleasant.

"Chrystal." He curtly greeted me, not even waving his hand, just slightly raising his chin as he pressed his lips together, with the same cold expression that hadn't left his face since he abruptly left that control room.

"Not princess anymore, huh." I attempted to mock, taking my look down but he heard me very well.

Silence. He ignored me. He had done that pretty well during these weeks.

I guess Bethany's mouth helped.

"You stopped talking to me." I dared to speak out. "I'm aware that you and my brother aren't on good terms, I understand the reason but..." I sighed, hoping not to sound as pathetic as I did in my mind. "I did nothing wrong and I feel like somehow I'm being punished too." I shrugged, looking at him nervously.