Chapter 6 "Forbbiden to run away"

~Ethan~

"What do you think about our new roommates?" Iria finally dared to ask after taking a long sip from her beer.

We were laid on a hidden garden, there were some bushes behind us, through them some light from the lighting of the main garden sneaked. I was sat up on the grass just like Iria, but she had her legs crossed.

I thought of an answer for Iria as I gently moved my can of beer, trying to see the liquid through the small opening.

"You sure know the girl better than me..." I mumbled with an ironic tone, still looking at the can.

"And the boy?" Iria left her empty can on the ground, she stood up and when she sat down again she laid her head on my lap, staring at me waiting for my answer with curious eyes.

I have never enjoyed looking at Iria's eyes while she had her contacts on, after all she wasn't wearing them when I met her and, though back them her eyes were glassy, I would always prefer that.

"I didn't really get to talk with him much but he seems overprotective with the things he cares about and he likes to follow the rules..." I remembered the short conversation I had with him, when I looked down Iria was rolling her eyes.

"More like arrogant and cocky..." She let out in a whisper. I wanted to know more about that story but Iria didn't seem very up to talk about it so I let it go. "But at least he's hot." She murmured and I started laughing.

"His sister is also very hot and she's pretty. Damn, have you seen her boobs?"

The truth is that the girl had caught my attention since I put a foot on the office, she was very pretty and I'm not joking when I say she's hot.

"I know! I'm jealous, they are bigger than mine." Iria said between laughs. "Would you like to have something with my roommate?" Now she teased, looking at me flirty, she had a weird expression as she moved her eyebrows up and down.

"Nah, she looks like the girl who's waiting for an epic romance." I moved my hand in the air downplaying it.

Chrystal was one of those girl who you can predict they come with a lot of drama and problems, above all with her brother, thing I always try to avoid, I don't like drama.

My life is already hard enough for adding more silly difficulties.

"So you couldn't give her that epic romance?" She continued her tease.

Yes, those beers were starting to go up her head.

"I can give her something epic but I can assure you it would be romance." My answered sounded more harsh than I intended. I was aware I sounded as a jerk but I didn't mind. I was a player, most of times people link it with jerk so why contradict them.

Iria smiled knowing I was right, we both knew relationships wasn't my thing.

"I think she's a good person, she's kind... and innocent. I like her." Iria's eyes were getting heavier with every blink so I decided to talk before she would fall asleep.

"Is that everything you wanted to ask me? My opinion about our future workmates?" We both knew the answer to that question and the way Iria shrugged only confirmed it to me.

"What do you think about them being like us?" She sighed, she showed her concern in her eyes and I knew this was a sensitive topic for her. "I don't know who can I trust..." Iria didn't even looked at me, she hugged herself looking to her feet, still shrugged.

"I don't know what to think..." I confessed her. "We don't know all the information, sure that white hair would make a lot of sense if they really are like us but we don't know how are we alike..." I made a pause for taking a deep breath. "We don't know their story, neither did they know ours." Thing I hope it never happens. "But I guess is..." I left the sentence in the air and smiled when Iria finished it.