Chapter 17 "I will do the first watch"

~Iria~

I felt sick, I have always known the hate I felt for my mother was mutual but I never thought she would hate me that much to fucking sell me.

"How much?" I let out with my gaze still lost in the floor, my voice first sounded like a whisper, like it may break... like me. "How much do I cost?" I looked up to find my biggest enemy at the moment. Mason White.

I thought he was a good person but now... Now all that discomfort I felt minutes ago turned into rage and I focused it all on him. My head held high as I got ready to give him a piece of my mind.

"Don't be shy, tell me how much did you give the bitch of my mother for me. I'm just fucking curious to know if I cost a pair of nice earrings or a new car." My anger didn't fade, the pitch of my voice only rose as I continued to speak. My fist clenched trying to contain my anger and making me gif my nails into my skin. "I thought this place was different!" I screamed without wanting the tears contained in my eyes to wet my cheeks. "Silly me..." I reproached myself almost in a sob what I hated. "It's always the same damn story and I'm honestly tired of re-reading the same book over and over again."

Then I left, slamming the control room door shut. Normally skipping the 'punishment' would be the first thing to come to my mind but tonight... Tonight I just wanted to bury myself in my sheets and let this evil world end me.

I hated to feel used, I hated to know there was always a price paid for having me... I was over that.

༄ ❅ ༄

I haven't had dinner, it was barely dark outside but that didn't stop me from going to bed. Chrystal hadn't come to the dorm and honestly I preferred it, right now I wanted to be alone.

Alone with Ethan, I corrected myself when I heard him entering the dorm, he took off his shoes and got in bed with me, I didn't face him though I wasn't asleep yet, my eyes were closed and my face faced the wall, I was curled up in a ball.

I didn't mind Ethan's company, I heard how he stood up for me the second I stopped talking and headed towards the door to leave. He always stood up for me...

Filthy rich people who think they can buy anything they want, even if it has a first and last name, was what he called them.

Once Ethan promised me that he would always be by my side, that I could cry on his shoulder if I was sad or hit him if I was angry. I wanted to have him close, even if there were dried tears on my cheeks.

Ethan didn't even brush me, I knew it was because he didn't want to disturb 'my dream' but it was enough with knowing he was right behind me. He just murmured something... "Don't worry, baby, I will do the first watch."

I closed my eyes tightly, preventing my mind from going back to all those times that he had said the same sentence to me, I had had enough flashbacks for today.

Ethan is like my brother, if our parents haven't broken up I guess we'd be something like stepsiblings... I always wanted to have one but I found something better, an Ethan, he is like the older brother I never had, like the one who protects and supports you no matter what happens, even though we are the same age. With him I felt... safe, he really is the best friend someone like me could wish for.

༄ ❅ ༄

The next morning Ethan left to carry out his punishment in his dorm, which meant that I wouldn't see him again until the punishment was over, except in classes of course, because they were 'mandatory'.