Chapter 12 "I'm very scary"

~Chrystal~

Iria and I had spent some time dancing in the living room, at first I felt kinda uncomfortable, I had the feeling that there were some people staring at me but then Iria gave me an advise that made my worries fade because she was right, she told me to stop focusing on the people that were looking at me and the ones who weren't and to start enjoying the party and that's what I did.

I did what Iria told me and stopped concentrating on the people around me, I stopped focusing on the people who were looking in my direction and started dancing as if no one was looking at me.

I must admit it was a lot of fun. I don't usually do this thing of moving to the beat of the music in a crowd of people I barely know. In fact I don't usually dance this way, and less in front of other people, I think the only one who has seen me dancing like this has been my mirror, maybe Tristan too, I don't remember.

I was having the time of my life dancing with my friend in that living room, then the boys came back from the kitchen. Alexander and Iria started dancing very close to each other, Ethan went to talk with Sherry and Bambi and Tristan offered himself to dance with me. I think both of us were aware that dancing skills weren't king in our family, at least not in fast songs, but I still had a lot of fun laughing at my brother's silly moves.

I had lost sight of Iria some time ago but at the moment I didn't panic, I decided to go to the bathroom, I will try to find her afterwards.

I was finishing washing my hands when I heard the bathroom door opening.

"Sorry, the bathroom is busy... but I was just leaving." I smiled at Audrey looking at her through the mirror.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

I didn't like the sound of Audrey's voice and a small lump in my throat started to form when Nikki and Bethany entered the bathroom too, closing the door behind them.

"Erm... I'm already g-going..." I looked down trying to walk towards the door but they were blocking the exit.

"Did you really think that by changing your normal clothes style a little you would become a total different person?" Audrey took a step forward getting too close to me.

Her brown gaze was piercing through me and I was sure it was hurting me but I didn't know what part of me body hurt me exactly.

"Maybe a sexier one?" She brushed my hair away from my shoulder to look with disgust at my top.

"A more confident one?" Bethany continued.

"Or a cooler one?" Nikki laughed, suddenly the bathroom was full of unfunny laughs.

I was starting to feel bad in there standing still but I couldn't move, Audrey took advantage of that to get even closer to me, so close that I could smell her perfume.

"Look, beauty, maybe by dressing up a little you fool the rest but not us."

Luckily Audrey turned to face her friends for some seconds but when Nikki spoke I didn't have that clear if I was lucky or not.

"Do you really think that by wearing a low-cut shirt you are going to be someone else?"

"If you thought you could come to our party and make the whole world notice you, you really are dumb." Audrey's eyes faked pity but mine didn't fake the tears.