Chapter 20 "My first stolen kiss"

~Tristan~

Mom... She's not someone we talk much about. My father was the only one of us who met her though he doesn't really talk about her, I guess it's unfair because there's nothing Chris or I can talk about. My father assures that my mother was the love of his life and he loved her more than anything so it's understandable that he wants to stop himself from getting hurt while remembering her, I don't blame him.

"Why do you ask, honey?" He tried to hid with a smile the nostalgia that started to appear in his eyes.

"I don't know... You never talk about her and sometimes I feel like the only thing I know about my mother is that she wore this necklace." Chrystal's gaze was fixed again on the soup, the difference is that she didn't play with the fork anymore, she was pressing her necklace against her chest.

"It was never meant to be like that..." He whispered. "She chose your names." He looked at us with a light smile, up to let us know something more about our mother.

It shouldn't be fair that he took from us the opportunity to meet our mother because it hurts him to talk about her.

"Why did she name us this way?" My curiosity could be reflected in my eyes. I found funny how Chrystal also looked at our father with curious eyes.

"She once told me that she had been wanting to have a daughter and name her Chrystal since she was a little girl..." My father looked at Chrystal, who had a beautiful nostalgic smile, then he looked at me. "When we found out she was pregnant with twins she decided she wanted the names to rhyme so she came up with Tristan."

I laughed at the irony that my name depended on my sister's. I didn't mind, Chrystal felt special because my mother had been dreaming about her since she was little and I liked to know that I've been having to count with Chrystal since the very beginning. This was new, weird but I could get used to it... I liked to know the harmless memories my father had with my mother.

"How was her? Physically and personally."

My father smiled at Chrystal's question, he looked happy to be able to answer that.

"Physically she was just like you, Chris. You are the spitting image of your mother." Chrystal blushed at that confession and I smiled. "You both have inherited everything from her; the pale skin, the deep blue eyes, the defined trace like the jaw... Though your mother was blonde."

"And how was her personality?" I hurried to ask. I have seen pictures of my mother and I could relate that she and Chrystal were alike but in pictures you couldn't see a person's nature, I wanted to know that.

"She was as stubborn as you." My father mocked and I gave him an outraged look as I heard Chrystal giggling next to me, I wasn't stubborn... Luckily my father seemed to be more serious when he spoke again. "She was amazing, she spent her whole pregnancy singing because she said you liked her voice... She also loved the beach, to feel the warm sun against her skin although it annoyed her that her skin stayed just as pale."

I laughed at the latter. Chrystal had also had a couple of crisis due to her 'ghostly color'.

"What I liked most about your mother was her smile. How she illuminated a room with it. How she took away any bad bad thought of my mind if she smiled... I'm proud and happy to say that you, Chrystal, have inherited her smile."

I looked at Chrystal... she had that smile. I couldn't agree more with my father.

༄ ❅ ༄

I never thought that one math class could beat another in horrible, I hated them all, math wasn't my thing but math classes with Iria... Each one was worse than the previous and today's got the jackpot. They teacher told us we have to do a project in pairs with the person we are sat next to. The deadline for the project was on December 19th what didn't stop Iria from making a scene and almost beg the teacher to don't force her to work with me. As if I wanted to have something to with her.