Chapter 75 "Scars and tattoos"

~Iria~

The night hadn't ended as I planned. While I ran after my boyfriend an irrational fear also ran after me, the difference is that the fear caught me, invaded me and still hadn't let me go opposite to Tristan, who seemed to walk further and further away as we left the corridors behind.

I was sure that my fear was more rational than I thought, I attempted to make up with my boyfriend but I didn't know what would I say if he asked about that kiss...

My first kiss with Ethan. As Ethan had well defend us that kiss was about two years ago, it didn't mean anything but it wasn't a nonsense of kids. There was a lot more behind that story but I once promised Ethan that I will take the secret to the grave and for the moment I'm the one who keeps her word.

I guess that for the moment I could just be glad that Ethan hadn't said that I was the one who kissed him. What would I say if Tristan asked? What was I supposed to keep loyal to? The boy who puts a smile on my lips without trying it or the best friend who has saved my life countless times?

Ironic, I once promised myself that nothing will ever be more important than my friendship with Ethan but here I am now, hesitating about if I should tell his secrets.

"Tristan!" I stopped off, tired of chasing an angry white haired that was why I yelled his name, getting him to stop too, some feet away and without turning around but he gave me a chance to talk. "You can't get angry about the people I had kissed before dating you!" I scolded him, my voice still broke when I raised it. "And less can you look at me as if I'm a monster and leave right away!"

After letting my last scream leave my mouth I stayed in silence. Tristan didn't move, I wanted to believe that he had listened to me, that he was just thinking or that he hadn't turn around because he didn't want to show me the fear in his eyes or his angry expression but I was mistaken. When Tristan faced me his confused expression and innocent look made me realize how wrong I was.

"I don't care, Iria. I wouldn't have minded if you had slept with Ethan before meeting me or if you had planted a bomb in a building filled with all the people who hurt you." He made a pause because he had talked hastily. He didn't take his eyes off me. "The problem is that I don't know anything about you."

I crossed my arms curious about his explanation.

"We have been dating for more than two months and believe that I know the time we had lost but I just don't know you... You know everything about me, I was born in this place and I had barely went out since then." He raised his hands pointing at the building that made up his father's boarding school. "I didn't know that you had tattoos. I have never seen a scar on your skin. I don't know how you met your best friend. Dammit, I found out the other day that Ethan is your step brother..."

Tristan's eyes were wet. I didn't like to know that I was the one to blame for that. He cleared his throat before letting words leave his moth again, sighing when he started the sentence.

"I understand that few people have given you reasons to trust them in the past but I don't think it's fair for me to be dating a stranger."

I stared at his glassy look for some time, a tear had drawn a trace of my cheek but I won't bother to wipe it away. I was busy looking at those electric blue eyes that turned bluer for my fault.

Fuck, he was right. Of course he was right...

"Tristan, I'm going to take a bath." I decided running my hand through my hair, tired of this conversation.

Tristan didn't understand me, he looked at me confused for some seconds but he didn't refute my wish to take a dip.

"Fine, we will talk later I guess." He also ran his hand through his hair, rubbing the back of his neck afterwards.