Chapter 52 "Hold your breath and count to ten"

~Iria~

Last Thursday Tristan and I must have had fallen asleep in the sofa while doing the project because, on Friday morning, I woke up with half of my body over his, I had my head laid on his chest as if he was my pillow, my right leg was over him now that I was laid on my left side and my right hand also hugged him.

This was weird, I don't remember the last time I felt slept without curling up in a ball, facing the wall.

Tristan had his eyes closed when I first opened mine, I kinda stared at him... until Chrystal burst in the room, when Wonder Boy and I were forced to get out from the sofa he grabbed his laptop then went to the library to print our project in order to hand on time and I remembered that I was in a hurry. Yesterday I discovered something, something I had to report to my bosses together with the operation that I got to plan in my head last night, before falling asleep.

Before I felt asleep in Tristan's arms.

The truth is that Tristan and I didn't fall asleep while doing the project... It was finished way before that but we started to talk about films and work and... We somehow ended seeing one of James Bond's movies. I had never seen one, it was Tristan's idea.

I had to shook my head to focus, I was in a rush, I remembered Chrystal said something about a ball but I had to quickly leave the boys' dorm to go to mine and change, I called Ethan when I was on my way to the dorm, we agreed to meet in 10 minutes. When I arrived at my dorm I chose some black cargo pants with a couple of extra-pockets at the sides that I matched with a tight long-sleeved sweater, today I felt colder than the past days.

My morning was crazy, I went from here to there with Ethan, I had a lot to explain to a lot of people but finally, after spending enough time talking to FBI agents to the point where it was dark outside, I could wait for my literature teacher leaned against her living room's wall in the dark.

I had my arms crossed and my eyes fixed forwards, I new Miss D'Angelo was home, the bedroom's light was on and I could hear the sound of her too expensive heels over the parquet. Miss D'Angelo lived in a loft, she was upstairs and I leaned against a column from the first floor now that she didn't have any wall that separated the kitchen from the living room. What caught more my attention from the apartment was the half wall behind the couch, there were some plants over it, it was a modern apartment... Too expensive.

When Miss D'Angelo started to go downstairs I straighten, she got startled when she turned on the light and saw me but I still had the same stern expression.

"You almost got away with it..." I glanced at the pile of suitcase on the second floor that I could perfectly see since where I stood, she wasn't as confused as someone who finds her student in her house would be. "I will admit that it took me a while to found your true address." I gave her that.

She had given a fake addressed to the London Center High so it took some extra time to the FBI team to found her.

Miss D'Angelo also straightened, she tried to smile but I knew her smile was as fake as her.

"Frankie..." She was close to shutter, using a forced friendly tone. "What a surprise to find you here."

I rolled my eyes to her lame performance.

"I know, Cara." I forced an smile to her too. "At first I thought it was just a coincidence that your name starts by C... Guess it wasn't." I raised one of my eyebrow in a haughty gesture.

"What are you talking ab-"

"I saw you at the ball with Kwan." I cut her off, her gaze darkened. "He asked you if you had brought what he told you, at first I thought he talked about lingerie..." I blamed myself for taking so long to figured out they talked about the stolen painting, I just had to look at her... All her was too expensive.