Chapter 48 "Our night (part 4)"

~Iria~

An hour ago.

I hoped for an awkward silence when Ethan interrupted my dance with Tristan but there just wasn't, right after he lied to Ethan saying he was alone we went different ways, to find Kwan faster, as Tristan said. So here I was walking through the hallway of the second floor, trying to find something suspicious.

Is a one feet opened door suspicious?

I peeked at that door either way, there was a strong yellowish light that came out of it as a shadow... The room turned out to be a bedroom, one painted in yellow that hid a couple about to sin in a lustful way... I wanted to step away and leave that couple to commit as many sins as they wished but the style of the visibly expensive dress the blonde woman wore catch my attention, I recognized that shiny golden mid-length hair and especially that necklace, I've spent all of her classes staring intensely at that silver necklace that I was still trying to figure out if it held a true diamond on it.

Miss D'Angelo.

The presence of my literature teacher in the ball didn't surprise me, it's a charity event and I had seen the principal of the school in here too, what surprised me was her company... Kwan Henderson.

Miss D'Angelo must be around twenty years younger than that man, she was a breathtaking woman, slender and with a pair of dark green eyes that intimidated if she stared deeply at you. Kwan, in the other hand, wasn't specially bad looking for his age, he probably was in better shape than many of the boys in my class, if I were a firty-year-old lady then I would say he was even attractive, but I'm just not looking for sugar daddies.

The motherfucker apart from being a criminal was a cheater.

"Did you bring what I told you?" He whispered at her ear loud enough for me to hear it, then he came back to suck that one part of her neck as he leaved some kisses on it.

Repulsive, she talked intermittently as he kept drooling over her neck.

"Don't I always?" She let out a giggle, or a moan, I can't tell.

"Great." He concluded against her neck. "Let's make this fast, I have a party to attend."

I stopped peeking at the door with the repulsiveness showed on my face, I should leave, it seems that he was talking about her lingerie and I'm not up to see how that ended.

I started walking away from that door and decided that now that I had found Kwan, I would focus on trying to look for suspicious things that could tell us where was the stolen painting. I thought about informing the supergroup about what my poor eyes had witnessed but I had one this for a rule.

Traumas stays in the past.

Present.

"What are you waiting for, Sherlock? Take the book!" Ethan encouraged me to find out if that bookshelf was something more as he looked at me sharing my enthusiasm.

There really was a tension in that hallway to find out if I had gotten over enthusiastic while figuring out those numbers at the rose's petals or if I was right and that bookshelf was some kind of door. I was as impatience as Ethan to find it out so I reached out to try to take the Shakespeare novel from the bookshelf.