Chapter 47 "Our night (part 3)"

~Chrystal~

While Iria and Tristan were dancing with their targets Ethan and I met in 'the corner of third wheels' as Ethan called it, we shared a glass of champagne though I just finished it. The champagne didn't taste as awful as I thought. While we stood there we had a short conversation with my father and Ewan through the earpieces now that Iria and Tristan had turned it off when they went with their targets, the adults remembered us that we mustn't lose Kwan of sight and follow him if he left.

Kwan stopped greeting guests eventually and left the living room, however Iria and Tristan weren't turning their earpieces on so we followed Kwan on our own but he disappeared when he left the huge living room. Ethan suggested that, now that we had lost him, we should try to look for some evidence about his crimes or for something that would tell us where is he, the stolen painting or his accomplices. Now we were at Kwan's office, we've been searching for some clue for twenty minutes, Ethan was at the opposite side of the room from where I stood, he looked for clues between the things of Kwan's shelf that took over the whole wall and I was checking his desk, I had found some papers over it but that wasn't what we were looking for...

I sighed leaning against the desk and taking down the papers from my sight, I had already read them and I hadn't found anything. As I looked up, kinda tired of not finding anything, I saw a folder on top of a narrow bookshelf Kwan had behind his desk, without knowing what exactly caught my attention about that brown folder, I found myself trying to reach it but it was too high... I couldn't stood on tiptoe with heels and tonight I wasn't wearing specially high ones. I needed help.

"Ethan?" I felt like my voice came out as a whisper but either way I turned around to find Ethan had stopped what he was doing to face me. "Could you grab that folder over this bookshelf for me?"

Ethan smiled at me before leaving on the shelf the glass bottle with a little pirate ship inside that he was holding in his arm, then he approached me to later stand on tiptoe taking those papers, as I asked him.

The thing was that I didn't move when he stood next to me so when Ethan stopped standing on tiptoe and turned around with the folder on his hand he trapped me, our eyes meet and I couldn't help having a deja vu.

"Was this the folder you were looking for?" He placed one hand on the wall behind me as he held the folder with the other.

My back was fully leaned against the wall, at first I was holding my breath when he didn't stop to stare into my eyes but then I realized that I also wanted to stare deeply into his eyes. I slowly let out all the air I've been holding. This would usually make me awkward but not this time.

I have seen Ethan's eyes of many colors because of the contacts he wore, but, even though the emerald green contacts suited him, my favorite color will always be their natural red ones. Ethan was wearing a fitted black suit jacket together with an also black and fitted shirt below it plus some ripped black jeans with a small silver chain hanging between two of the belt loops of his jeans. He was all dressed in black and it suited him. A lot.

"You look h-handsome." I shuttered though Ethan smirked. He was probably wondering were did that comment came from, and so did I for a few seconds until I knew the answer.

His eyes. The way he was looking at me, it didn't matter of which color his eyes were, as long as they were staring straight into mine I felt weak, forced to say what I was thinking and right now I could just think about making him understand why I complimented him.

"I don't know if someone has tell you how handsome you look tonight... but I will gladly be the first if not." I smiled, openly and brightly, it was one of those smiles that reached your eyes.