Chapter 63 "The essence of a Quinn"

~Iria~

The walls of the bathroom seemed to swallow me, I couldn't take his face off my mind, the target, the fucking target that was provoking me a panic attack. I had went to the ball room around ten minutes ago but as soon as I saw his face my heart seemed to stop, I forgot how to breath, I had to place a hand on my heart to remember that it still beat, that hand hadn't left my chest for all these minutes, not even when I ran away to the bathroom without no one noticing... Not even him saw me.

"Rough diamond?" I wanted to calm down when I heard Tristan's voice but I couldn't, I hadn't locked the door so he came in, I was turning my back to him and not even when he closed the door behind him I could move. "Rough diamond, is your turn to go out."

I tried to take a deep breath before talking but the moment my lungs tried to open it hurt me like a fucking gunshot, making  a couple of tears ran down my cheek.

Thanks Channel that I was wearing waterproof makeup.

"I can't go out." I struggle in letting out, my voice broke an I knew Tristan noticed it.

"Iria, please turn around." He asked me and I couldn't do anything but doing as he said.

My hands were shaking like my whole body, the moment I faced Tristan I saw the concern in his eyes when he saw what I was going through, I tried to take a breath of air but when I opened my mouth I broke and everything that left my lips was a moan of pain.

Tristan came to me but he didn't touch me thing I was glad, he just let me sat on the toilet as I hugged myself now that the stupid dress I wore was strappy.

"What's wrong, rough diamond?" He carefully grabbed my hand in a soft gesture and took it to his lips to kiss it. I looked at him, even though I couldn't breath I told him with the eyes that it was okay to grab my hand.

Tristan didn't try anything more than holding my hand thing that I loved because it was that small detail... That he didn't hug me right away but sat next to me in the bathroom floor meant everything, honestly physical touch in situations like these just stressed me more.

"The target..." I wanted to explain myself, there was a reason why I was broken on the bathroom and why my voice trailed off. "He's my father... He... He left sixteen years ago and now he's standing there, as if nothing ever happened, as if... As if he didn't ruin my life."

I couldn't stop shaking but I felt how the panic attack slowly began to fade as another feeling took over me, anger. Pure fucking anger towards the man that ruined everything.  

If he hadn't deserted me when I was barely a newborn then... Then my life would have been very different.

Canada... Canada would have been hell of different too.

I got up from the toilet feeling furious, my eyes were shining under the gray contacts. Tristan didn't move, I guess he was shocked, I was too, he got up from the floor when I reached the sink and took off the contacts in front of the mirror.

My eyes were shining as I predicted so I had to sigh to calm them down.

"What are you going to do?" Tristan finally said something, he didn't give his opinion about my father neither did he suggest me how to behave, he just asked me what would I do what made me want to smile although right now I could just give him the coldest expression ever.

"I'm going out there, " I crossed me arms when I faced him. "and if I get the chance maybe I will kill him."

Tristan eyes darkened when he heard what I said, I don't know if he thought I didn't mean it but I did, my stern expression said it all.