Chapter 30 "Blackout"

~Tristan~

The party was going was going by pretty fine for the moment, there hasn't been drama, thing I preferred. The four of us spent the party together, laughing and having a good time, I guess. Right now Chrystal had just went to look for some more soda, I spent ten minute in a deep debate with Iria and Ethan about which was the most seen Halloween costume -of course I just agreed with Ethan to don't do it with Iria. When the debate slowed down I realized Chrystal had been gone for too long so I decided to search for her with the gaze... I didn't like how those cheerleaders were too close to her so I excused myself and walked toward them, I stopped when I stood next to my sister.

"I'm sure it's not a problem that Chrystal is wearing a different costume. I asked her to match me." I let out piercing through Audrey's gaze as soon as I heard the reason of Chrystal's delay, those three cheerleaders had made up that all the members of the squad had to wear matching outfits and this year's was zombie-cheerleaders.

Chrystal wasn't as naïve to believe them but she was too good to stand up for herself and tell those sluts to fuck off. She had me for that.

I kept my piercing gaze on Audrey that started to shrug... Until her boyfriend stood behind her, surrounding her shoulders with his arm, then she straighten.

"Good to see you joined the party, White." Brian smiled charming and falsely at me, he tried to sound genuine but he couldn't hide the traces of hate and even jealousy on his voice.

"Cut the crap," I snapped avoiding an smirk when I remembered I was using his words against him. "Tell you girlfriend to fuck off and let's have a peaceful night."

I crossed my arms angrily and my muscles tensed, Chrystal didn't stand as close to me as I would like and that stressed me.

I watched carefully Brian's expression, he looked at me for some seconds, his eyes filled with contempt, and then he looked at Chrystal, that made me clench my fist but it provoked a smirk on Brian's lips. Brian was disguised as a pirate, such a pity he didn't decided to match his girlfriend with the dead football player costume because that was how he was going to end tonight if he did whatever made him give disgusting smirks to my sister.

"I don't think so." He finally talked with the biggest smile I've ever seen in my life.

The second Brian's mouth stopped spitting words Audrey's drink fell all over Chrystal, staining her white dress with the red liquid. I watched how she and the cheerleaders giggled and stood there, I didn't move because I didn't want to do anything, I knew that the moment I started I wouldn't be able to stop and I had to keep my control so I decided to give Brian another chance to have a peaceful night.

The moment I opened my mouth I noticed Iria was next to me, she was heading to Brian and Audrey, probably to stop them so when she tried to walk next to me I raised my arm stopping her. I had a stern expression, apathetic, I didn't even want to look at Chrystal because I knew that if I saw her injured I would lose it so instead I averted my piercing gaze from Brian and turned my head to Iria. She had a confused expression, she was frowning and her beautiful diamond eyes were even more highlighted for the dark shades of eyeshadow around it. It relieved me knowing they weren't shining, it meant that as much anger as she might be feeling she forced herself to stay under control and that was exactly what I needed her to do now.

There weren't words needed but a piercing gaze into her eyes for her to understand she must stay still. Iria half smiled at me as she gave up in her attempt to defend my sister and it was in that moment in which we understood better an honest look than our own words that I started to wonder if hate was what people who understood each other without words felt.