Chapter 22 "Hypnotized"

~Iria~

Ethan and I stayed discussing this weekend's destination until the bell rang. After class my own slowly death started, cheerleader fucking practices and then training.

How did I survived? I don't know. Audrey left in the middle of the practices to stick her tongue into her boyfriend's throat.  We had to practice in groups of four, it was then when Chris and I met Bambi and Sherry, we got along pretty well. Sherry was almost forced to be there by her best friend too and Bambi was a really funny girl, we even started twerking when we played that game to copy the moves of one of the girls of the group.

After cheerleader practices Chris and I had to change clothes ASAP, we needed to attend the training that involves magic powers, spy missions, etc...

Training was more boring than usual, the spy class with Ewan didn't give us much new information and the physical training was even boring. Kicking the Wonder Boy's ass was easier than usual..

Did he already give up on beating me?

༄ ❅ ༄

I was at my dorm, there were still an hour and a half before the curfew and I had already finished the homework, I always found them so easy that they even bored me. Now I was laid on the couch, the hoodie I stole from Ethan was wrapping me. I wasn't doing anything important, Chrystal was studying for the upcoming exams and I was on my phone when a text from Ethan appeared on my screen.

«Your skills are needed in the library.»

It was a weird text that didn't give me much information but it wasn't like I had anything better to do, I told Chrystal I will be right back and left the dorm to go to the library. The corridors of the boarding school were cold, I hid my hands inside the long sleeves of the hoodie, the sleeves were width enough for my phone to be hidden inside too.

I started to feel fooled when I entered the huge library and just saw the librarian with her eyes fixed on the computer screen but I decided to give my best friend benefit of the doubt.

Ethan wasn't among the bookshelves, when I was about the enter another aisles I saw a light in a zone full of tables and chairs, where students came to study. I walked quietly to the origin of that light and when I reached my destination the first thing I did was glare at Ethan.

"What is she doing here?" Tristan spoke seeming as surprised as I.

Tristan was sat on a chair, his table was full of papers with math equations and textbooks. Tristan wasn't resting his back on the back of the chair, he had turned around to face me, his arms as crossed as mine. He wore a cotton blue T-shirt and some black joggers.

"Yes, Ethan. What am I doing here? Next time specify who needs my skills and I will save walking all the way here." I glared at Ethan who was standing behind Tristan.

"Can you both calm down for a second?" Ethan took over the 'pacifist' role. "Do you want to pass the exam, Tristan?" He asked rhetorically at Tristan but he didn't let him answer. "I don't know shit about math, I told you I would help you and here is the help." He pointed at me with his open hands then reduced the distance until he placed one of his hands on my shoulder, I looked up to him. "Please, help the boy to pass the exam... He's my friend."

Those red eyes pierced through me... I couldn't refuse when he gave me that look.

"Fine..." I gave in. "But just because you seem to get very along with my best friend." My look threatened Tristan, I didn't want him to believe that I would have helped him if it wasn't because of Ethan.