Chapter 40 "I guess that was never enough"

~Iria~

I wasn't on my best lately, I've been very distracted since I told Kenzie about his girlfriend's affair and he left all of sudden. What was that supposed to mean? When you tell someone his girlfriend is cheating on him and he leaves abruptly that means he needs time, right? But how much time? I'm not good when it comes about this type of drama... My mind is always a mess due to so much overthinking and I never seem to do what is 'right'.

It has happened before, I try to reassure me thinking that this time I'm supposed to be a spy who is working to be successful but I can't help overthinking everything... I've always been a person of too much overthinking, my mother said it was good to think about everything more than twice but when I met Ethan I learned that sometimes is good to just go with the flow... I hate to come back to be the insecure little girl who doesn't know what to think.

I was supposed to be at the regular morning appointment, today even though my body was present in the appointment, sat on one of the chairs, my mind was somewhere else. I couldn't stop thinking, it bothers me that between thought and thought about Kenzie's drama -work after all- Tristan got in between. Yesterday I accidentally feel asleep thinking about him and our time together being locked in that dorm.

Where did all those confessions came from?

Why do I feel so comfortable and safe telling him my shits?

Does he feels the same when talking to me?

Right now Tristan was talking about his date, Chrystal asked him about 'the tea' but he kept his account professional. A part of me wants to pay attention to the story of that date, I'm so lost on my mind that its just hard. I'm proud to have catch a couple of details...

Like the fact that he kissed Bonnie.

༄ ❅ ༄

The appointment ended with me telling them about the video, Naomi's affair and the fact that I told Kenzie about it. Nobody judged my decisions neither reproached me anything what I was glad for. Mr. White realized my mental absence and asked me if I was okay what was new for me. Adults never have a damn about me, my legal guardian was different in that, however I just hall gave him a brief apology for my lack of attention.

At the LCH there wasn't action at all, I hadn't seen Kenzie that day. I even thought that he didn't come to class then I discovered my speculation were mistaken at our last class...

Kenzie arrived almost half an hour late to class, he had a scruffy look, his careless attitude seemed rude to the teacher that waited for him to be sit down, not without provoking a deadly silence in the classroom because of how she glared at Kenzie with an eyebrow raised and her arms crossed.

"Good night Mr Henderson. What a decorum that you have decided to honor us with your presence." The teacher's sarcasm was visibly but understandable. Kenzie rolled his eyes at her.

"Agh, would you shut up?"

Miss D'Angelo perplexity to Kenzie's comeback showed on her face with a grimace that kept her crossed arms.

"Mi scusi?" She spoke in Italian. I understood the language but the classroom's murmurs just increased. "That's not the way you should talk to your teacher."

"Do you really think I care?" Kenzie kept his impolite behavior by yawning as he spoke.

Miss D'Angelo took some seconds to speak, I deduce those seconds were just to control herself.