Chapter 50 "Focus, Rough Diamond!"

~Iria~

Ethan wasn't in the control room when I arrived at Monday's appointment. Luckily we didn't have to attend the boarding school's classes that day, the principal excused us, it was our worthy holiday after a successful mission.

Ethan's absence just surprised the adults because how to say it... We heard a couple of... sounds through the earpiece that told us he was busy. Ethan was dumb enough tor turn off the connection with the adults but not with us, the supergroup, the twin's faces were priceless when the first moan was heard, they both blushed, especially Chrystal, who practically turned into a tomato, Tristan just cleared his throat but none of us dared to kill Ethan's mood. He had also been very dumb to let the adults last hear him saying something about red eyes, they were worried and even though neither did I know what was going on in that room, I was the one who had to speak when they asked us if we could hear Ethan.

I confirmed our bosses that, indeed, there was someone in the room with Ethan, the only question left here was if her name was Ruby or Rory... Ethan didn't vocalize.

I missed Ethan at the appointment, we both were the ones with sleepy expression now that our roommates seemed to be born to get up early.

You just can't wake up at 6:00 a.m and be as vigorous as at noon. It's impossible to do that without having the slightest dark circles under your eyes but once again there were the wonder twins, being the exception that confirmed the rule.

At the appointment Ewan and the princi first congratulated me for being the hero that saved the mission and honestly I didn't know how to react to the compliments. I didn't have Ethan to made some joke to cut the gravity of the matter.

It wasn't like I had chosen to be born with an exceptional intelligent.

"I want to tell you the last news about last night's mission." Ewan speaking after all those compliments made me give him my full attention, it was a topic of interest to me. "We caught the third accomplice, Freya Henderson."

I stayed speechless when I heard the name of Kenzie's mother, I would have never thought that she would be an accomplice in her husband's dirty business and I wasn't the only one, Chrystal expressed her surprised towards the news as I remained silence, thinking...

As Chrystal agreed out loud, Freya looked as surprised and affected as her children and I wouldn't say she was acting... I mean, for me that lost look when she searched everywhere without understanding what was going on looked hella real.

Plus there was that C person Kwan and Jacob were talking about... It doesn't make sense that Freya is C, it would be a very shitty nickname if her name didn't even owned the consonant between its letters.

"How do you know she's the third accomplice?" I dared to ask still with the memory of that conversation between the criminals in which they talked about 'C'.

"We found her fingerprints on the stolen art." Kwan answered my question with confidence. He didn't doubt about the third accomplice's identity so I guess I should stop worrying too.

Poor Mrs. Henderson, she's her husband's partner in crime for him to bang the first young teacher he has a chance with.

"Sorry, I'm late."

At first I ignored that voice because I was reliving the conversation I heard at the hidden room behind the bookshelf but I hurried to look up with my eyebrows furrowed when my brain recognized that voice as Ethan's. He had arrived with a girl, a redhead girl with read eyes.